cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backwards buttons

rmnpcolorado
Explorer
Explorer
Here’s a weird deal that I’ve never run across before. We brought our trailer home for the summer and are ready to go out on our first weekend voyage and the button actions are backwards. Slide in sends the slide out, retract extends the tongue jacks. We’ve fried two 40amp fuses, which leads me to believe that something’s crossed, so we have no fridge power or lights. Thoughts?
2020 Ford F-150 3.5L w/Max Tow
2023 Riverside RV Intrepid 240BHi
20 REPLIES 20

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Can’t think of any possible reason to have a fused wire on the negative post.
Typically there is one large wire on the negative post going to your metal frame for all grounding. The positive post will typically have one large wire connected and possibly a couple or more smaller wires often with in-line fuses connected directly or indirectly to that positive post.

rmnpcolorado
Explorer
Explorer
So to clarify, I had the large wires correct-white on positive, black on negative. But what about the little wires? I had the white on positive and the red with the inline fuse on negative.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
could be a senior momment, we all have them .lucky you didn,t fry a lot of things.

rmnpcolorado
Explorer
Explorer
I think you’re exactly right, as when I disconnected the battery, replaced the fuses, and powered back up, all was good.

Now to figure out how I messed that up. I’ve only done this how many times before…

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree. The battery is wired backward.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
You got the battery hooked up correctly?