Explorer
Explorer
Is the Avalanche 2WD or 4WD?

Makes a difference
Shopping for Travel Trailer

txdutt
Explorer
Explorer
You better check the tow rating on your MH, most gassers are max rated at 5k lbs towing
2011 Ford F250 Lariat C/C 6.7 PSD w/Curt 20K Lb Hitch & rear Timbrens
2013 Chevy Tahoe LT 4x4
2013 Infinity 3860MS 5'er/15.5K GVW/41'
U.S. Navy 1978-1986

hamit
Explorer
Explorer
U HAUL SAID NO ONLY CLASS3 THEY DO NOT HAVE CLASS 4

hamit
Explorer
Explorer
U-HAUL SAID NO THAY COULD NOT ONE THAY HAD ONLY CLASS 3:?

Grandpere
Explorer
Explorer
turbojimmy wrote:
Yes. My '07 Avy weighs 6,000 lbs. right on the nose with me in it. No passengers or luggage, 1/2 tank of gas.

I use U-Haul hitches on all my vehicles. When I talked to them earlier to make sure I could get a hitch they said that they could get one to fit our MH. You need a regular dealer, not one of the places that just rents U-Hauls because they do not install hitches.
Berniece & Russell Johnson
Lil'Bit, a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit
1987 Southwind
1995 Ford F150 Supercab

Life in the fast lane? No thanks, we will stop and smell the flowers at every opportuity

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Grandpere wrote:
Just need to make sure you have a class IV hitch and not a class III. Class 3 is good for 5000 pounds while the class IV is good for 10,000 pounds. If I remember correctly the Avalanche has a curb weight of 5800 pounds plus everything you have in it. You will notice that it is back there when starting out and pulling hills, but the gasser should do very well pulling it. I am saving up for 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew and it weighs fairly close to the avalanche. The only change I plan to make is to up grande to class IV hitch from the class III that is currently on our MH.

Yes. My '07 Avy weighs 6,000 lbs. right on the nose with me in it. No passengers or luggage, 1/2 tank of gas.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

Grandpere
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, I don't know why it double posted when I edited the message.
1987 Southwind
1995 Ford F150 Supercab

Life in the fast lane? No thanks, we will stop and smell the flowers at every opportuity

Grandpere
Explorer
Explorer
Just need to make sure you have a class IV hitch and not a class III. Class 3 is good for 5000 pounds while the class IV is good for 10,000 pounds. If I remember correctly the Avalanche has a curb weight of 5800 pounds plus everything you have in it. You will notice that it is back there when starting out and pulling hills, but the gasser should do very well pulling it. I am saving up for 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew and it weighs fairly close to the avalanche. The only change I plan to make is to up grande to class IV hitch from the class III that is currently on our MH.
1987 Southwind
1995 Ford F150 Supercab

Grandpere
Explorer
Explorer
Just need to make sure you have a class IV hitch and not a class III. Class 3 is good for 5000 pounds while the class IV is good for 10,000 pounds. If I remember correctly the Avalanche has a curb weight of 5800 pounds plus everything you have in it. You will notice that it is back there when starting out and pulling hills, but the gasser should do very well pulling it. I am saving up for 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew and it weighs fairly close to the avalanche. The only change I plan to make is to up grande to class IV hitch from the class III that is currently on it.
1987 Southwind
1995 Ford F150 Supercab

intheburbs
Explorer
Explorer
It's just like a Suburban. Transfer case in neutral, and you're good to go.
2008 Suburban 2500 3LT 3.73 4X4 "The Beast"
2013 Springdale 303BHS, 8620 lbs
2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali (backup TV, hot rod)
2016 Jeep JKU Sahara in Tank, 3.23 (hers)
2010 Jeep JKU Sahara in Mango Tango PC, 3.73 (his)