cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Auxiliary fuel tank and gravity vs electronic pump

chevyman94
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys I have a diesel 2022 Silverado 3500 High Country the crew with a 8 foot bed. I have my toolbox semi installed for a 60 x 10 x 19 tank at most right now to go under the tonneau cover I have on it and behind the box.

My uncle has a 2014 GMC 3500 crew 8 foot bed with a gravity fed system with a shut off valve.

Which system would you use and why also any recommendations in advance on what electronic fuel pump systems.

I am leaning towards the electronic as I have 5 up-fitter switches in my cab and would like to use them. My uncle likes the kis system
23 REPLIES 23

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
chevyman94 wrote:
hornet28 wrote:
A simple electric fuel pump and a light or buzzer in the cab as a reminder to shut the pump off. I did one for my brother that way. I put a flashing LED in the dash for when the pump was on

Any recommendations on a pump set up such as a brand?

Nothing complicated or expensive. Here's one https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Transfer-Universal-Pressure-2-5-4psi/dp/B07JPDZC4M

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
chevyman94 wrote:
hornet28 wrote:
A simple electric fuel pump and a light or buzzer in the cab as a reminder to shut the pump off. I did one for my brother that way. I put a flashing LED in the dash for when the pump was on

Go read the other thread just started on this in Tech I believe. All different options discussed.
Youโ€™re looking for an โ€œexcuseโ€ to use switches in your truck?? Lol
Not certain why youโ€™d need to pump the fuel since gravity works.
Keep it simple and best application for your use.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lwiddis wrote:
Arenโ€™t gravity fed gasoline tanks illegal?

Arenโ€™t you trying to start an argument, or just typical passive aggressive response?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

we3
Explorer
Explorer
I have several and I prefer a completely isolated system. I have a 4 hour bladder so stopping to spend 6 minutes to transfer fuel is no problem. The greatest advantage for me is it can be completely removed to haul large loads or place in a different truck.

chevyman94
Explorer
Explorer
hornet28 wrote:

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer

chevyman94
Explorer
Explorer
It is a diesel and no they arenโ€™t illegal

Flashman
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:

Diesel?

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad