cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auxiliary fuel tank and gravity vs electronic pump

chevyman94
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys I have a diesel 2022 Silverado 3500 High Country the crew with a 8 foot bed. I have my toolbox semi installed for a 60 x 10 x 19 tank at most right now to go under the tonneau cover I have on it and behind the box.

My uncle has a 2014 GMC 3500 crew 8 foot bed with a gravity fed system with a shut off valve.

Which system would you use and why also any recommendations in advance on what electronic fuel pump systems.

I am leaning towards the electronic as I have 5 up-fitter switches in my cab and would like to use them. My uncle likes the kis system
23 REPLIES 23

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
chevyman94 wrote:
hornet28 wrote:
A simple electric fuel pump and a light or buzzer in the cab as a reminder to shut the pump off. I did one for my brother that way. I put a flashing LED in the dash for when the pump was on

Any recommendations on a pump set up such as a brand?

Nothing complicated or expensive. Here's one https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Transfer-Universal-Pressure-2-5-4psi/dp/B07JPDZC4M

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
chevyman94 wrote:
hornet28 wrote:
A simple electric fuel pump and a light or buzzer in the cab as a reminder to shut the pump off. I did one for my brother that way. I put a flashing LED in the dash for when the pump was on

Go read the other thread just started on this in Tech I believe. All different options discussed.
You’re looking for an “excuse” to use switches in your truck?? Lol
Not certain why you’d need to pump the fuel since gravity works.
Keep it simple and best application for your use.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lwiddis wrote:
Aren’t gravity fed gasoline tanks illegal?

Aren’t you trying to start an argument, or just typical passive aggressive response?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

we3
Explorer
Explorer
I have several and I prefer a completely isolated system. I have a 4 hour bladder so stopping to spend 6 minutes to transfer fuel is no problem. The greatest advantage for me is it can be completely removed to haul large loads or place in a different truck.

chevyman94
Explorer
Explorer
hornet28 wrote:

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer

chevyman94
Explorer
Explorer
It is a diesel and no they aren’t illegal

Flashman
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:

Diesel?

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad