cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anything in Kitchen Wall?

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
Got a quick question, folks. Have a Lance 1172, and am wondering if there is any wiring or sensitive items in the wall behind the kitchen sink. This wall backs up to the shower enclosure in the mid bath?
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172
11 REPLIES 11

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
bighatnohorse wrote:
Clarryhill wrote:

Hi Kohldad, we were wanting to stick a knife rack up there to keep cutlery out of the rather small storage drawers. Didn't really want to rely on glue or sticky's. Thanks for the response.

Adhesive plus a couple of very short screws will hang a plastic knife rack forever - such as been my experience. If you have a stud finder (one with electrical capability) it could help indicated what's behind.

That's a good thought Big Hat, thanks for the response.
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Clarryhill wrote:

Hi Kohldad, we were wanting to stick a knife rack up there to keep cutlery out of the rather small storage drawers. Didn't really want to rely on glue or sticky's. Thanks for the response.

Adhesive plus a couple of very short screws will hang a plastic knife rack forever - such as been my experience. If you have a stud finder (one with electrical capability) it could help indicated what's behind.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Lance forum is great for my 1162 thanks to Captain's pictorial from rebuilds.
It helped me a lot on my camper repair, but did not see the same for 1172.
I still think looking via open 1162 frames will give you good ideas how the campers are "engineered" and general knowledge is always good.
You are not saying what you are planning, but when I want to add something in the wall, I make small hole and take a look inside.
Endoscopes for your smart phone sell for $12.

Thanks for the response Kayteg. Not that clever with the smart phone thing. Appreciate the thought.
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
kohldad wrote:
Thanks for the response, Scott. Wall isn't thick enough for a vent stack, think that' over on the outside wall. Appreciate the thought.

Odds are you won't find anything in the outside walls as they too aren't thick enough and would impede the production process. Usually the vents are just inside the outside wall between two walls or corner that is block off.

What are you wanting to do on the wall? Odds are both sides are covered with thin material not suitable for screwing and supporting anything. You will find that anything Lance hangs on the walls are glued in place with screws used just to hold it until the glue sets.

2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the response, Scott. Wall isn't thick enough for a vent stack, think that' over on the outside wall. Appreciate the thought.

Odds are you won't find anything in the outside walls as they too aren't thick enough and would impede the production process. Usually the vents are just inside the outside wall between two walls or corner that is block off.

What are you wanting to do on the wall? Odds are both sides are covered with thin material not suitable for screwing and supporting anything. You will find that anything Lance hangs on the walls are glued in place with screws used just to hold it until the glue sets.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Lance forum is great for my 1162 thanks to Captain's pictorial from rebuilds.
It helped me a lot on my camper repair, but did not see the same for 1172.
I still think looking via open 1162 frames will give you good ideas how the campers are "engineered" and general knowledge is always good.
You are not saying what you are planning, but when I want to add something in the wall, I make small hole and take a look inside.
Endoscopes for your smart phone sell for $12.

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
gregchambers wrote:
I don't have the 1172 Lance but if you go to the "Lance Owners of America" forum and post you may get a better response to your Lance brand specific questions!

You might be right on that, Greg. Appreciate the response.
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
There could be a vent stack in there. Should be able to tell from looking at roof. Or you might even be able to feel it by pushing on the wall.

2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

gregchambers
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have the 1172 Lance but if you go to the "Lance Owners of America" forum and post you may get a better response to your Lance brand specific questions!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
There could be a vent stack in there. Should be able to tell from looking at roof. Or you might even be able to feel it by pushing on the wall.