cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone regret downsizing to a camper?

cartmancartman
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone downsized to a camper and then went back to a larger RV because the camper was just too small?
49 REPLIES 49

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 19' travel trailer that for two was perfect.

Now that its just me a TC is perfect, the TT was better for 2.
Camp Host, from the other side.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've had a 24ft TT, a 32ft Class A, and my current TC over 20 years. Situations change. Our TC suits us currently.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

JimPH
Explorer
Explorer
We downsized from a 25 ft travel trailer to a 2007 11 ft Lance 1055 Truck camper with a large dry bath. We would never go back to travel trailer. We love the ease of getting around and boondock quite a bit. We fit in just about any campsite. Truck camper works great for us

louiskathy
Explorer
Explorer
We have both a truck camper and a 37ft class A. One to live in and the other to travel in. We have taken the truck camper for 3 six-month trips... 2012, 2014 and last year. It's a 9.5 Host with a slide.

Living in a truck camper full time for ONE person would be just fine. For 2 people it can work for about six months. JMHO
Kathy

Bedlam
We went from a 22' single slide toy hauler to 9' single slide truck camper. Although this worked for five years, we wanted a dry bath, side door entry and more comfortable seating. Our 11.5' triple slide truck camper gives us what we were missing.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD