cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know what this cold water tube is for?

Sundown858
Explorer
Explorer
These two tubes are coming from under the bathroom sink cabinet. One side of these tubes go to the faucet and rest of the trailer. The other side (pictured here) go through the floor to the underside of the travel trailer. When I connect to city water , the blue tube gushes and I have no water in the faucets. Is that blue tube supposed to be capped like the red one so pressures goes throughout trailer? If so, any idea how to cap it. It's kind of tucked way back there.

Link to picture of the tubes:
https://ibb.co/pdpphGq
6 REPLIES 6

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think an animal chewed that PEX off.
Puma 30RKSS

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree. They are low point drains. The red one is capped, as they both should be. The blue one is broken off. It needs to be replaced, and capped.

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

FrankoToo
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
Can’t see the end of the blue one very clearly, but guess is that it broke off. If you can access that pipe from under the sink you might replace the blue one with a longer one and either cap it or put a shutoff valve on it. And add a valve to the red one while you are at it so you can easily use the low point drains.

^^^^^ This ^^^^^
FrankoToo
2018 Cruiser Stryker ST2313
2011 Ford F450 6.7L PS 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my trailer those would be the low point drains . In the bottom of the sink cabinet on mine are two push/pull valves that will turn them open and closed !

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Can’t see the end of the blue one very clearly, but guess is that it broke off. If you can access that pipe from under the sink you might replace the blue one with a longer one and either cap it or put a shutoff valve on it. And add a valve to the red one while you are at it so you can easily use the low point drains.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
OPs link
Red is hot and blue is cold
looks to be low point drain that should be capped or a valve installed.
It should have water flow while using holding tank and pump. Put some water in freshwater tank and turn on pump to verify!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker