cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone change a Solera awning motor before?

bill-e
Explorer
Explorer
I've had a slow or stalled awning motor upon battery only retract since the day I got the camper. This month it also developed a dead spot where when fully retracted I have had to on occasion start it for a turn or two with my drill, then it works. It wasn't getting stuck in the channel, there was absolutely no sound or movement of the motor until I gave it a twist with the drill.

Anyway, I called Lippert today, a month out of warranty and without asking they offered to send me a new motor.

I believe it's easy to change, crank the awning out a foot, remove the cover, then the motor and replace.

Anyone do it before?
Thanks
Bill
Thanks,
Bill

'15 Keystone Cougar 26RBI and '15 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel
5 REPLIES 5

bill-e
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. From another forum I was told that the motor is actually either screwed or riveted to the roller which makes it a bit more of a PITA. I'll have to wait and see what I get.
I have a battery disconnect switch though the motor connects via two spade connections so it's pretty easy from an electrical perspective.
Thanks,
Bill

'15 Keystone Cougar 26RBI and '15 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
Remove the negative wire from the battery? That seems pretty strange, if it was me I would remove the positive. That would remove the possibility of you becoming the path to ground; which is always preferable to me anyways.

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
Whatever you do, remove the negative wire from the battery(ies) prior to doing ANY electrical work.
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
This was taken from the Q/A section at etrailer.com

The Solera Power Awning Replacement Motor # LC266149 does not have an installation video at this time. However, the installation is not difficult. Before removing the motor, you want to open the awning about 12 inches and support the arms. This will remove the spring tension in the awning roller for an easy removal. You disassemble the protective housing, remove the bolts that hold the motor in place and then disconnect the 2 wires. To install the new motor, you simply reverse the...
view full answer...

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Lippert-Components/LC266149.html

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
As my friend says: "GTS" (Google that sh**)...

Clicky for youtube videos
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)