'07 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab diesel + '91 Shadow Cruiser - Sky Cruiser 1
'98 Jeep TJ 4.0
'15 Ford Fiesta ST
'09 Fiat Panda 1.2
8 REPLIES 8

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
Very interesting jack extensions , wish there was more detail . I have been toying with something similar .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
That's actually a pretty interesting design/concept !

S-
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

sabconsulting
Explorer
Explorer
weymard wrote:
The privilege of England ! To have the right to use insane vehicles !!
Ah We, poor Europeans French, can not do like this, our rules are so straight !

Hi Thierry. I'd have thought you would be able to do this since it is technically just 'cargo'. Maybe different if it was a permanent part of the vehicle. Maybe if it was secured with ratchet straps it would be more likely to be classed as cargo.

The encroachment of EU legislation in these areas does worry me. I know they mean well, but there is a tendency for those whose job it is to legislate to want to legislate more. The natural conclusion would be that you could only drive nice safe vehicles under 5 years old with EU approved accessories installed by an EU approved installer and maintained by an EU approved dealer. That would be a very dull world; one with no room for truck campers, rock-crawling Jeeps, Overland trucks, historic cars etc. 😞

Steve.
'98 Jeep TJ 4.0
'15 Ford Fiesta ST
'09 Fiat Panda 1.2

sabconsulting
Explorer
Explorer
HJGyswyt wrote:
Thanks for sharing that link, what a cozy truck camper. We need more diesel options for small pickups here in the states and small light weight camper will follow.

Sabconsulting, I was thinking of you recently, I finally had to tear the entire front of my camper off due to dry rot, and now I'm taking the roof off as well. Repairing RV's with vacuum bonded aluminum walls is not as easy as stick and tin construction, and I feel like I'm in over my head now, I should just walk away from it but I just can't let it go. I can't weld aluminum like you did, but I'll post a thread when it's done and show how I've brought my old camper back to life. All the best, Hans

Good luck with the rebuild Hans. I don't know what I would do either if my camper was made of fancy modern materials. I was only able to do what I did because it was just timber, aluminum, glue and screws. Also I was only able to weld the diamond plate aluminum because it was way thicker than the aluminum siding. My welding skills wouldn't stretch to the latter; I'd be blowing holes in it everywhere.

Steve.
'98 Jeep TJ 4.0
'15 Ford Fiesta ST
'09 Fiat Panda 1.2

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing that link, what a cozy truck camper. We need more diesel options for small pickups here in the states and small light weight camper will follow.

Sabconsulting, I was thinking of you recently, I finally had to tear the entire front of my camper off due to dry rot, and now I'm taking the roof off as well. Repairing RV's with vacuum bonded aluminum walls is not as easy as stick and tin construction, and I feel like I'm in over my head now, I should just walk away from it but I just can't let it go. I can't weld aluminum like you did, but I'll post a thread when it's done and show how I've brought my old camper back to life. All the best, Hans
2003 GMC 2500HD CC Longbox SW/2002 Wilcat Bunkhouse 30'
/1987 Western Wildderness 11' Alpine Truck Camper/1971 MacGregor Venture Sailboat

Rig Pictures, click on this link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

weymard
Explorer
Explorer
The privilege of England ! To have the right to use insane vehicles !!
Ah We, poor Europeans French, can not do like this, our rules are so straight !
FORD F250 LARIAT 4X4 DIESEL 2008
Lance 815 2007
France, Normandy

rooney77
Explorer
Explorer
Kinda makes me wanna build my own. I wouldn't do it that way but still, fun to see DIY options.

One of these days, I'll ditch the truck bed, grab a stack of aluminum and get to building.
1997 Minnie Winnie DL 29WU

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like it pushes plenty of air -- but nicely built.
Cal