cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Another Ford that needs to be bagged - or a dually?

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Saw this on Apache Trail yesterday.

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021
32 REPLIES 32

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
ksss wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
So I agree, owner of that truck is a Joe. And probably has a closet full of Affliction and Tapout shirts and hats!
Most assuredly is sporting a flavor saver soul patch on his face and spent the same amount of $ on his wifeโ€™s boobs as the lift and wheels package cost him at 4wheel Parts in SoCal!

So if someone could get a family pic it would e great. Or even one of just the wife would be even better!

Lol

Lol maybe that would be something we could all agree upon?

We could if we all understood what it all meant. :h

Grit, you just made me feel old and out of touch. I had look up most of that. :W

Of course, then I found out I wasnโ€™t really missing much. :R

I did understand your desire to see a pic of the wife tho, so at least thereโ€™s that. :B

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
The truck bed is so short a slider would run the back of the pin box thru the tailgate. I can see most of the pin box, it is either on the axle or inches ahead as others have stated.
As to the heritage and body parts of the owners to each their own. A pic would be nice to confirm. ๐Ÿ™‚
Puma 30RKSS

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
So I agree, owner of that truck is a Joe. And probably has a closet full of Affliction and Tapout shirts and hats!
Most assuredly is sporting a flavor saver soul patch on his face and spent the same amount of $ on his wifeโ€™s boobs as the lift and wheels package cost him at 4wheel Parts in SoCal!

So if someone could get a family pic it would e great. Or even one of just the wife would be even better!

Lol

Lol maybe that would be something we could all agree upon?
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:

Lol

Ahhh the humor in this.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tvov wrote:
Me Again wrote:
phillyg wrote:
Hard to tell, but the pin seems to be on a hitch too far aft. Also, the TV has to be way overloaded for that FW.

I think the pin is at the axle center or in front of it.

May just be the picture, but it looks like the rear wheels are definitely fully inflated - see barely any bulge.

So... if he actually leveled the truck, wouldn't the camper be sitting on the tailgate?

Sort of related - I've met too many guys who see the "off road" package for a truck and assumes it will also tow great. Of course the salesmen don't help, they just push them out the door. I try to gently point out the differences.

And the trailer would be really nose high!
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
phillyg wrote:
Hard to tell, but the pin seems to be on a hitch too far aft. Also, the TV has to be way overloaded for that FW.

May just be the picture, but it looks like the rear wheels are definitely fully inflated - see barely any bulge.

So... if he actually leveled the truck, wouldn't the camper be sitting on the tailgate?

Sort of related - I've met too many guys who see the "off road" package for a truck and assumes it will also tow great. Of course the salesmen don't help, they just push them out the door. I try to gently point out the differences.

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
Yes sir, them darn F150s will tow anything!

This one was blocking the road 10-11-20 on my way to Phx. SB I-25 about 5 miles north of the Spanish Peaks sign. It was a beautiful day but the cross wind from the west was the worst I've EVER been in. He was the only RVer that didn't pull over to wait it out. Admittedly, this probably would have happen even if he had more truck. That TT looked longer than my 5er.
I got past this mess as soon as the wind died down a little and JUST before the cops and wrecker got there and shut down the whole SB side.
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^What he said.
I donโ€™t think anyone will argue that that monster trailer is more than that brodozer really wants, however the fact that it is lifted and Iโ€™d bet leveled accentuates the picture.

Oh well itโ€™s always fun to hear the theories and the doomsday scenario posts!

I guarantee, you take that same truck, put it back to stock, shore up the rear suspension with bags or more springs, it wouldnโ€™t garnish a second look or comment from many, save for a trailer that size should reasonably be on a dually.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
It's lifted! The problem with lifts is that hey also level out the truck. So now when you do use it for real work it looks like it's sagging in the rear. If you want a lift on a truck that tows then you either need to keep the front end a couple inches lower or raise the rear up a couple inches, with proper springs.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
kellem wrote:
I don't think the owner did any research but at least it's color coordinated.
If this isn't addressed promptly, they'll likely be a Utube video.

One more thought,
I could easily see the tread life of front tires exceeding 100K.

OH, it will be OK when he loads the garage and fuel tank in the rear!

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think the owner did any research but at least it's color coordinated.
If this isn't addressed promptly, they'll likely be a Utube video.

One more thought,
I could easily see the tread life of front tires exceeding 100K.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
phillyg wrote:

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD