cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Andersen Levelers and the ReVo Leveler

bill-e
Explorer
Explorer
Because my mind was on stabilizing my camper I also sprung for some Andersen Levelers and a gadget which I really didn't need, the ReVo Leveler.

With the Andersen levelers you just roll up on them, from 0-4", until the camper is level. Then you use the included chocks to lock your wheels in place.

To help in that endeavor I purchased the ReVo Leveler which is basically an electronic level which you mount to the camper and which you can see through your truck mirror.

Once initial install is done and you've zeroed the ReVo, you just attach it and press the L/R button. In a few seconds a red arrow will light indicating which side to put your levelers on. It will also tell you how many inches you will need to raise the camper so if your using boards of plastic blocks, you'll know how many you'll need.

Then you roll your camper onto the Andersen Levelers until the green arrows appear.

Since I purchased the ReVo I also heard about the LevelMatePRO which is a smartphone based system.

Had I seen that LevelMatePRO I would have had a difficult time deciding but with the ReVo I must say that I felt comfortable and aware of my surroundings while looking into the mirror to level the camper. Not so sure how I'd feel looking at a smart phone or trying to keep one eye on the mirror and the other on the smart phone.

Here's a couple of shots of the L/R and F/B level of my camper. The ReVo Levelor is

Thanks,
Bill

'15 Keystone Cougar 26RBI and '15 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel
18 REPLIES 18

xyzHollyxyz
Explorer
Explorer
I LOVE my Andersen levelers. Combined with the giant bubble level, makes side-to-side leveling for one person a snap.

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I like the Anderson levelers and the only place I have struggled with them is hear at home. and that is because ground tends to be soft and they sink in then. Otherwise I have found with them and the level like BigBird has sure makes getting level easy, especially since I travel alone. I no longer have to get in and out of truck a dozen times to get level. As someone above said, less than 5 minutes and I am level all the way around.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Andersen Levelers and really like them. I added pull cords to make them easy to remove when breaking camp. The Big Level is very easy to see from the drivers side outside mirror and makes leveling very easy. Needs no batteries or initialization.

2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

redneckgearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Got two of these on order.

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
I love my Andersons but there are conditions where they just don't work. Slick or wet sealed blacktop they will spit out. If you are not pulling straight up on them and you are slightly on an angle they can spit out. With that said, I have no regrets, they work well in most situations.

evanrem
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cool gadget. We just fot the Anderson levelers and added bubble levels to the camper. We are now leveled in less then 5 minutes ( this includes unlocking the hatch and getting them) I love them. Plus is a big space saver over the Lego style blocks.

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
TxTwoSome wrote:
pianotuna wrote:

I found four inches to be not quite enough in a few locations. When I tried to put boards under them, they slid on the boards... When they flipped out of place the rv came down pretty hard.

I also added a stick on non skid texture used for boat steps helps to stop slipping if you have to use a board also to go above 4 inches.

I had that "slippage" trailer go boom happen to me once, trying to get beyond that 4". I still like the Andersens, but I have been real weary using them.

:h self-adhesive non-skid :S Why didn't I think of that.

bartlettj
Explorer
Explorer
I like the Andersons too, but they are too slippery on the bottom. I find that on gravel they like to skid around, at least if you aren't pulling straight and haven't got enough room in the parking space to relieve the side loads on the tires. However, once you do get them in they do a nice job of reducing rocking because they cradle the tire better than basic chocks.

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing.
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
Another thing I like about the Anderson's is easy to setup and remove especially when it's raining no need to build a ramp out of blocks which takes up a fair amount of time.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

salem
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys, great opinions and reviews. Thanks.

TxTwoSome
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi salem,

I found four inches to be not quite enough in a few locations. When I tried to put boards under them, they slid on the boards. I found driving up them stressful as I was afraid I'd overshoot. I am in a class C and I felt it put a lot of strain on the "park" setting on the transmission. I did not like driving forward off them. When they flipped out of place the rv came down pretty hard. I'm just underweight at 13,500 pounds.

One broke in two, when I tried for a replacement and emailed them a picture the replacement never came. They are rated at 22,000 pounds and the one that broke perhaps had 4000 pounds (max) on it.

salem wrote:
Pianotuna: I've been interested in the levelers. Can you elaborate a little as to why you weren't satisfied with them?

I have the Andersen levelers and I love them when I get ready to leave I pull forward a little more to release the wedges, DW removes the wedges then I back off the levelers. (it works for me)

I also added a stick on non skid texture used for boat steps helps to stop slipping if you have to use a board also to go above 4 inches.
Bruce & Cindy (Chihuahua's Rambo & Chuy)
2016 Jayco 23RLSW
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Blue Ox SwayPro

thirtydaZe
Nomad
Nomad
I'm still a bit wishy washy on my Anderson's. Since our current FW has such a short wheel base, i have recently cut them down, but haven't used them since.

At their original length combined with the short wheelbase they were nothing but trouble for me.

I'm hoping in their cut down state they work as advertised.

Now don't get me wrong, with our TT they were fine, just haven't played nice with the FW.
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 324BHTS
2024 Ram 2500 68RFE

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi salem,

I found four inches to be not quite enough in a few locations. When I tried to put boards under them, they slid on the boards. I found driving up them stressful as I was afraid I'd overshoot. I am in a class C and I felt it put a lot of strain on the "park" setting on the transmission. I did not like driving forward off them. When they flipped out of place the rv came down pretty hard. I'm just underweight at 13,500 pounds.

One broke in two, when I tried for a replacement and emailed them a picture the replacement never came. They are rated at 22,000 pounds and the one that broke perhaps had 4000 pounds (max) on it.

salem wrote:
Pianotuna: I've been interested in the levelers. Can you elaborate a little as to why you weren't satisfied with them?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.