cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Scissor Steps to an Eagle Cap 950???

ggadwa
Explorer
Explorer
We have an Eagle Cap 950 vintage 2010. It has a Fiberglass entrance deck/ step as part of the rear end cap. It has a single step fold down step. This has become inadequate for us and our dog too. Has anyone added Scissor steps to their Eagle Cap that has the fiberglass molded rear deck step? It seems way to flimsy to attach steps to.

Suggestions or solutions, please.

Gary
HAM RADIO Operator since 1964 'W7FSI'
EAGLE CAP 2011 950 CUSTOM BUILT by the great folks at LaGrande Oregon
2012 FORD 350 XLT 6.7L Diesel 4x4 Super Cab with lots of stuff
6 REPLIES 6

Bedlam
billtex wrote:
We added glo steps to our EC, I lag-bolted them just under the threshold, not on the bumper. This eliminated the giant step from floor to bumper.
I’ll post a pic when I get a chance.

Edit; this has made entry/exit MUCH easier.

I did the same with my Arctic Fox.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
I forgot to add that using a ladder instead of an attached stair is much more compatible with towing. We often don't disconnect the trailer and the ladder sits nicely beside the tongue.

Glacier_D
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, I have a 2009 EC 1050 and last year added the Torklift Stow and Go steps. I had this done at TL Central in Kent, Wa and they supposedly added a steel backing plate inside the fiberglass bumper. Love the steps!
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 Crew Cab/LB, Rancho RS9000XL, Stable Loads, Superhitch and FastGuns. 2009 Eagle Cap 1050, Hickory interior with on-board generator, A/C and Honda EU2000

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
We added glo steps to our EC, I lag-bolted them just under the threshold, not on the bumper. This eliminated the giant step from floor to bumper.
I’ll post a pic when I get a chance.

Edit; this has made entry/exit MUCH easier.
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Picture?
We had single step from aluminium bumper on our TC, but not only dogs would never make it, but once DW slid on wet step and got some bruises.
I add Glow Steps and initially they were giving some headaches.
But later on Torklift invented Stow'n Go and I started a topic here, where with help of other members I made the stupid 1/2 step delete and reassemble the Glow Steps to safe stairway.
The rail is still on my long list, but that is secondary.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
3-step Little Jumbo Ladder. Stores on the floor during transit. Very strudy and useful around home too. I left the folding step off years ago.