cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

50 amp service?

JRJR
Explorer
Explorer
Can I plug my Northern Lite camper into a 50 amp service at a campground without causing damage to anything?

Thanks
John
4 REPLIES 4

Optimistic_Para
Explorer
Explorer
To clarify, outlets don't PUSH electricity into your truck camper, your truck camper PULLS only as much electricity as it needs.

As a minor side note, when you are plugged in to a 30 amp outlet, you are protected by TWO 30 amp circuit breakers - the one in the pedestal and the one in your camper. If, for some reason, one fails to pop when it should, the other one will. When you are plugged in to a 50 amp outlet, you are only protected by the one in your camper. IF something went wrong with that one, the 50 amp breaker in the pedestal won't pop until long after the damage is done.

But most of us figure we've got a better chance of being hit by a meteor or struck by lightning than we do of having a circuit breaker failure.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Yes you can. We occasionally plugged our 30 amp TT into a 50 amp outlet. We've had a Camaco version of this for years now. Only used it a couple times, but when I did, I was sure glad I had the adapter.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Yes you can with proper adapter.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
If the camper has the 30 amp plug you will need the 30 to 50 adapter and will work fine. The adapter eliminates one of the two hot feeds to the rv .