cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 Grand Wagoneer

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
I while back I posted about the prototype Grand Wagoneer that looked production ready. Well here's the production version and looks like not much has changed. Top of the line model goes from $86k - $103k big ones and has a 6.4L engine.

Link

Here's a lower grade model which I think I prefer.

Link 2
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
31 REPLIES 31

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Yes tha 4.7 is atypo. We have no new V-8 engines being releaed anytime soon. So it will be a higher HP 5.7L.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Gene_K_2
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
This is interesting though...

"The Wagoneer is powered by a 4.7-liter V8 that puts out 392 horsepower and 404 lb-ft of torque, while the Grand Wagoneer comes equipped with a 6.4-liter V8 that generates 471 horsepower and 455 lb-ft of torque, according to Jeep. They're capable of towing up to 10,000 lbs."

New engine? High strung 4.7 NA V8 coming out?

I suspect that's a typo and refers to the current 5.7L. The hp/torque look about right.

gmckenzie
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Woodgrain is back in the '70s. Real wood is back in the '50s.

Although I am sure someone will wrap some wood on for you.

Mine was an 82, but they had woodgrain through the end in 92ish 🙂
2015 GMC Sierra 4x4 CC SB Max Trailer
2010 Cougar 30RKS

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Woodgrain is back in the '70s. Real wood is back in the '50s.

Although I am sure someone will wrap some wood on for you.

gmckenzie
Explorer
Explorer
Having owned a full sized Jeep Wagoneer in the past, all I want to know is where's the wood grain?
2015 GMC Sierra 4x4 CC SB Max Trailer
2010 Cougar 30RKS

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
ScottG wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
If it is fixed, simply show me the new parts and tell me why they are better and also the old parts and explain why they failed.

I have seen them. I don't care enough about your opinion to go to the effort to try and explain it.

Awww, cmon Scott. Not playing the “prove it to the eternal antagonist” game? Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Lynnmor wrote:
If it is fixed, simply show me the new parts and tell me why they are better and also the old parts and explain why they failed.

I have seen them. I don't care enough about your opinion to go to the effort to try and explain it.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lynnmor wrote:

As the current and previous owner of a very small sample size of Hemis. (New ones not the old school Hemi, unfortunately...)
A 5.7, a 6.1 that I sold with 150k miles and a newer 6.4, can’t say that I’ve ever added a drop of oil between oil changes on any of them.
Of course this is not newsworthy as none of the 40-50 GMs, Fords or Chryslers we’ve had over the last 30 years (since I was of driving age) has burned oil. Save for old bombers that were just plain wore out.
Our old Cummins would drink Rotella though. Idk why. Tried it twice and it would go through Rosmella like chit thru a goose but not other brands. Strange inexplicable occurrence to me.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
GWolfe wrote:
Looks like a Durango and a Commander had a kid, I don't hate it. Prices are just getting ridiculous though, 100k for a daily driver seems insane to me.

Agree, but it’s just in the same league as other upscale luxury SUVs.

GWolfe
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a Durango and a Commander had a kid, I don't hate it. Prices are just getting ridiculous though, 100k for a daily driver seems insane to me.
2005 Sun-Lite Eagle
2011 Silverado

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
mich800 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
ScottG wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
I would wonder if they ever fixed the camshaft and lifter problems in the hemi engines. Until that is definitely fixed, I wouldn't touch one with a $111,000 pole.

Fixed in 2016 engines.

They did?

Here's a video from Mr Mopar himself on the topic. Link

It's fixed. But now they go through more oil between changes than an OPEC exec combs through their hair before a CARB board meeting. :B

Haven`t seen one that uses oil. Even the infamous Hemi lifter issue isn`t that much of an issue. I have a 300C with the 5.7 and 75k miles. no problems.

I'm just giving a the Dodge guys a hard time. But the Hemi's we are testing running hard do consume oil. But not at a higher rate than other performance engines at similar abuse levels.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
ScottG wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
I would wonder if they ever fixed the camshaft and lifter problems in the hemi engines. Until that is definitely fixed, I wouldn't touch one with a $111,000 pole.

Fixed in 2016 engines.

They did?

It's fixed. But now they go through more oil between changes than an OPEC exec combs through their hair before a CARB board meeting. :B

Haven`t seen one that uses oil. Even the infamous Hemi lifter issue isn`t that much of an issue. I have a 300C with the 5.7 and 75k miles. no problems.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
ScottG wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:

Fixed in 2016 engines.

They did?