cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2020 SE TC Gathering - planning stage

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Starting to think about a fourth semi-annual Southeast Truck Camper Gathering. Sometime in the spring. No idea where in the southeast yet.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads
41 REPLIES 41

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
I just looked at Spring Lake Resort's web site and find it quite impressive. Probably better than my recommendations ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope we can make it.

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
Been chatting with Jimmy and Brenda (aka Ramp Digger) about your event and I thought you might like to check out a video I made in advance of a rally we attended for T@B teardrop travel trailers. This is a very nice campground also .... just an fyi ๐Ÿ™‚

Big Meadow Family Campground

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Considering a place with a pavilion instead of a clubhouse would be OK if we can expect comfortable temperatures. That might require sliding the time to late April or May.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
kohldad wrote:
Cloudland Canyon State Park in GA. The east rim campground does have a picnic shelter in the middle. Not enclosed but a few tarps or shrink wrap could take care of that if needed. Lots of sites still open for mid April.

Cloudland Canyon

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
Cloudland Canyon State Park in GA. The east rim campground does have a picnic shelter in the middle. Not enclosed but a few tarps or shrink wrap could take care of that if needed. Lots of sites still open for mid April.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
how about Pigeon Forge, TN. we have never been there.
Lot to do. go see Dolly.
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
GoinThisAway wrote:
Yoly, I hope it'll work out that you can make it wherever we end up!

We once drove from north Georgia to Long Beach, CA and back just to attend a birthday party so if the Gods are willing we just might make it. Obviously timing and available finances at the time will be a factor but we'll try. We've been retired for over 13 years so we're well adjusted ๐Ÿ™‚

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
So good to hear from everyone and your ideas on a location. Unlike billyg, I will still be working next spring so I'm inclined to pick a place within a half day drive from Nashville. I've found a campground near Crossville TN that might work, Spring Lake RV Resort. It looks like a nice place, has good facilities including two club houses, and their rates and cancelation policy are reasonable. I'll try to get by there to check it out and talk with the owner. Yoly, I hope it'll work out that you can make it wherever we end up!
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
Just give us a date and address, we have missed out on a lot the past year, so we would not want to miss this it os time for some fun thanks.
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
We're ready to go. Looking forward to getting together again.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

billyg
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Nice to see next year will have new things to do starting with I will be RETIRED!!!!! I will be watching. Bill

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
GoinThisAway wrote:
Travels with Yoly wrote:
If it's not too large of a group, this is a picturesque campground that we found above average. It had been purchased and renovated about 2 years ago with the new owners replacing all the inground plumbing and electrical (all new pedestal boxes). And if you need to be connected, the fiber-optic wireless download speeds will amaze you !

Mountain View Campground

This is a conventional RV park but the setting and surroundings make it feel like a National Forest. Kayaking and waterfalls nearby.

We've been at the Smokies three times already. Not to say we couldn't go back but want to look around some before deciding. Thanks for the info though and will keep it on the list of possibilities.

There are many nice places I'm sure. The hard part (for me) is picking one. I always try to go to places that we haven't been to. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with ... I'm sure it will be awesome.

My suggestion was half rooted in selfish practicality. Of course I entertained the idea of attending the event but our travel budget was somewhat exhausted by our Colorado trip this summer. Mountain View CG is only 58 miles from our house.

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Travels with Yoly wrote:
If it's not too large of a group, this is a picturesque campground that we found above average. It had been purchased and renovated about 2 years ago with the new owners replacing all the inground plumbing and electrical (all new pedestal boxes). And if you need to be connected, the fiber-optic wireless download speeds will amaze you !

Mountain View Campground

This is a conventional RV park but the setting and surroundings make it feel like a National Forest. Kayaking and waterfalls nearby.

We've been at the Smokies three times already. Not to say we couldn't go back but want to look around some before deciding. Thanks for the info though and will keep it on the list of possibilities.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
54suds wrote:
sorry got you confused with the old southern comfort get together

No problem. Figured that was the case. I don't remember a southern comfort rally. I do remember donlu held a some SE TC rallies down at Cedar Key FL. I PM'd with him when I was planning one of my gatherings and he said he wouldn't be able to do another for some time, if ever, and to go ahead and use the SE TC monicker.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
I think it was the one and only " JPONDER" I think :h
he introduced me to cradads(sp) there
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011