cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 coleman 264RL tire pressure?

ncladfw3
Explorer
Explorer
The placard on the side is weathered and I can't read the psi. It's not in the manual either. Anyone know the correct psi for coleman 264RL? I read I shouldn't go by what is on the tire. Tires are currently at 40psi which seems low.
33 REPLIES 33

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Go with the max cold tire pressure that's on the tire.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Take whatever it weighs (gvw if you donโ€™t know actual) divide it by 4, look up the pressure for that weight on a chart.
Or go max pressure for the tires on it assuming theyโ€™re the proper ones for the trailer, if youโ€™re not willing to look it up.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Most RV trailers come with OEM tires that are just barely adequate to cover the axle ratings when inflated to sidewall pressure indicated.

Unless someone replaced the originals, with a way over rated tire, use the likely 65 psi max. You should have stated the tire size, load rating, and tire max pressure, for best answers.

Even a C-load range tire would be 50 psi, so yes 40 psi is likely low.

Jerry

cliffy49
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would think that you have duel 3500 lb. axles on your trailer. That being said I would hope that you have at least 20575/15 C load range tires on the unit. I had that size tire when I purchased my Trail Blazer and Coachmen called for the tires to be inflated to 50 psi. My Trail Blazer had a GVWR of 7900 lbs. which is just a little more than your Coleman.

I would try to find a tire mfg. pressure guide and go from there. It would alshelp to have the rig weighed in order to cut down on the confusion.
cliffy49
2016 F150 Ecoboost & max tow (Gone)
2021 Silverado Custom 2500HD
2018 Catalina TH26 Toy hauler