Gold Hitch Awards

Enjoy...
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
8 REPLIES 8

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Only those who base their decision on the video. Shouldn't be very many I would hope. 🙂
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
So for 2018 the F250 wins the gold hitch award unanimously. Yet last year when the F350's ran up the hill the Ford was 15 seconds slower than the first place Chevy and that was such a big deal that the Ford was rated the last place truck. How many truck owners are going to let 15 seconds on one 8 mile hill influence their decision as to which truck to buy?
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
The problem is YouTube recently changed the way they payout advertising dollars. There are a ton of these channels that have had their advertising dollars shrink overnight. You are seeing more and more of this for those that have channels and trying to make a living out of it.

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
As a general statement, there has to be a way for people to be compensated for their work. While I do watch some of their work, I wouldn't be a paying customer for these guys. But I don't expect them to keep creating content for free either.

I also am not sure what the answer to that problem is.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
IdaD wrote:
ib516 wrote:
These guys are on a serious campaign to get Patreon money, and are saying if they don't get more people paying them, they'll put their videos behind a pay wall...so pay to view.

Drives me nuts. Their videos are good, but they need to take lessons from the "cable tv"industry. People don't want to pay for what they can get elsewhere for free.

Since they started, they got an office space (decorated and furnished) and bought a new Hellcat and a Jeep, and want to employ 5-6 people full time on a YouTube salary.

Kind of puts me off watching them become "E-beggars".

I don't know how YouTube pay works, but if they go behind a pay wall I'm afraid they'll find out pretty quickly how much people are willing to pay to watch some fat guys drive trucks up a hill.
:B LOL! Totally agree!!! :B
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
ib516 wrote:
These guys are on a serious campaign to get Patreon money, and are saying if they don't get more people paying them, they'll put their videos behind a pay wall...so pay to view.

Drives me nuts. Their videos are good, but they need to take lessons from the "cable tv"industry. People don't want to pay for what they can get elsewhere for free.

Since they started, they got an office space (decorated and furnished) and bought a new Hellcat and a Jeep, and want to employ 5-6 people full time on a YouTube salary.

I don't know how YouTube pay works, but if they go behind a pay wall I'm afraid they'll find out pretty quickly how much people are willing to pay to watch some fat guys drive trucks up a hill.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

ib516
Explorer
Explorer

Prev: 2010 Cougar 322QBS (junk)
02 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9L CTD 3.55
07 Dodge 3500 4x4 SRW Mega 5.9L CTD 3.73
14 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew 6.4L Hemi 4.10
06 Chevy 1500 4x4 E-Cab 3.73 5.3L
07 Dodge 1500 5.7L Hemi 3.55 / 2010 Jayco 17z
All above are sold, no longer own an RV

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Isn’t the SUV of the year always the one most recently remodeled?

The Colorado/Canyon will win its category until the new Ranger arrives. Then the Ranger will win. Didn’t the Explorer win until the new Traverse arrived?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad