Hudson54
Explorer
Explorer
10 REPLIES 10

Hudson54
Explorer
Explorer
Campfire Time wrote:
Ah! Well I hope you find a good solution!
The new 4" square back bumper with reinforced brackets should do the trick. Thanks

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Ah! Well I hope you find a good solution!
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

Hudson54
Explorer
Explorer
Although there may be room to mount it under the tongue, I'm thinking that might be too much tongue weight. I just upgraded to two 6v trojan batteries and that in itself added another 70 lbs.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Hudson54 wrote:
Campfire Time wrote:
We had to order the spare tire as an option. It was mounted on a little cage under the tongue. Our X20E has the same setup. Maybe that's an option if you can find the parts?

That might work now that I've lifted it 4 inches and put 15inch wheels/tires on it. This thing was so low with the original configuration and 13 inch wheels that at a certain RV park we stayed at, the dump valves were BELOW the receptacle. I'm sure having the spare mounted that way wouldn't have worked either.

Mine was that low too. Though I never had any problems with mine, save for dragging the skid bars a few times when I first got it. I think the reason it worked is because it was in the front. You typically don't drag the front. In later years Jayco offered a 2" lift kit as an option.
Chuck D.
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid

Hudson54
Explorer
Explorer
All I could afford wrote:
Nice job on the flag

Thanks, both bunks have it. I work at a sign shop so did it myself, as well as the side graphics.

Hudson54
Explorer
Explorer
Campfire Time wrote:
We had to order the spare tire as an option. It was mounted on a little cage under the tongue. Our X20E has the same setup. Maybe that's an option if you can find the parts?

That might work now that I've lifted it 4 inches and put 15inch wheels/tires on it. This thing was so low with the original configuration and 13 inch wheels that at a certain RV park we stayed at, the dump valves were BELOW the receptacle. I'm sure having the spare mounted that way wouldn't have worked either.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck D.
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid

Hudson54
Explorer
Explorer
Campfire Time wrote:
Looks good. Brings back memories. We had an '03 Kiwi 17a for 10 years. Great little trailer. I noticed your spare is on the back. I hope it's not mounted to the "bumper", there isn't enough support to hold a spare there.

I agree, I mounted it where the bumper bracket is welded to the bumper, but that didn't last long. For my next mod, I'll be welding on a 4" square tube bumper that will be strong enough for the spare tire mount. Meanwhile it's riding in the bed of the truck.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Looks good. Brings back memories. We had an '03 Kiwi 17a for 10 years. Great little trailer. I noticed your spare is on the back. I hope it's not mounted to the "bumper", there isn't enough support to hold a spare there.
Chuck D.
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job on the flag
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles