Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1991 Lance 900 11.3’ weight

Jvand
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

I’m looking into purchasing a 1991 Lance 900 11.3’ from a family friend. It’s in decent shape but needs some elbow grease.
The current owner doesn’t have the documentation that originally came with it. I was trying to look up the 1991 brochure and owner’s manual to figure out the dry weight but Lance’s website and their customer service reps only have documentation dating back to 1993.
Does anyone else here have a brochure from 1991 that would show the stock dry weight for the model 900? Yes in aware the stock dry weight doesn’t take into account any extras, even including the mattress.

Thanks
-Josh
5 REPLIES 5

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Jvand wrote:
Thanks @big_jeff. Ya I found that as well. I did notice they vary slightly year to year (1993 2698lbs std cab and 2838lbs ext cab) every year. Lance has the 1993 and 1995 brochures but nothing before 1993. You’d think they would have kept some kind of documentation on their own camper designs pre 1993. Maybe a disgruntled employee walked off with it 🙂

Who says they didn't? Just because they didn't make it available on the internet, doesn't mean they don't have the information.

Even if they didn't they're not obligated to have it. How many 1991 campers are still out there, and not rotted into the ground by now? Not many. Not much reason or incentive to keep such information around taking up space cluttering up the office.

We've got 20 year old computers in our data centers that have less technical information available on them than your 30-odd year old truck camper.

At least you can find data on models made a couple of years later and extrapolate. Given campers tend to get heavier year over year, you have a good educated guess as to the advertised dry weight of your camper based on what later models only a couple years later weighed.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

mbloof
Explorer
Explorer
Not to be "Dan Downer" here but it ought to be mentioned that...

"catalog", "manual" and "marketing flyer" listed weights should be considered at best "ball park estimates" and the actual camper might weigh >= 500-1000 more than whatever numbers that are listed. 🙂

However as others might mention that almost any 1T DRW ought to be able to haul it.

- Mark0.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Call it 4klbs loaded ready to camp and you’ll be close.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Jvand
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks @big_jeff. Ya I found that as well. I did notice they vary slightly year to year (1993 2698lbs std cab and 2838lbs ext cab) every year. Lance has the 1993 and 1995 brochures but nothing before 1993. You’d think they would have kept some kind of documentation on their own camper designs pre 1993. Maybe a disgruntled employee walked off with it 🙂

big_jeff1
Explorer
Explorer
Well I don't have a brochure for that year but I did find a 1995 Lance brochure which "should" match your year and model. It says the Lance 900 standard cabove is 2740 lbs dry and extended cabover is 2820 lbs dry. Hope this helps and show some pics when you get it.

Lance Camper
https://www.lancecamper.com › ...PDF
Lance_1995_brochure.pdf