cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

03 Chevy 3/4 ton power passenger window won't move

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
My 03 Chevy 3/4 ton Duramax dully passenger power window doesn't move when pushing either window power buttons. I see in the manual there is both a right and left relay for these windows in a box under the dash. But the plastic box has a keyed locking screw which I have not been able to find a tool to open it. Thought before I remove the door panel I would try to swap the relays in this box to see if they are interchangeable and if they may fix things.
Any thoughts on this.
Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle

Hitchitch.com

Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com
17 REPLIES 17

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Window regulators are a huge problem on that generation on GM tucks and full sized SUVs. If the passenger one doesn't work from either switch first make sure that you haven't locked it out from the main switch. If not pull the trim panel and check for power at the motor connector. If you have power it's time to go to 1A Auto to watch the video and order the part. There are no left and right window relays.
Puma 30RKSS

jamesroadking
Explorer
Explorer
I'm 99.9% sure it's the window regulator that defective.
I've troubleshooted and repaired a lot of them in different cars with stuck windows and 100% of the time it has been the regulator.
They are not real difficult to change out, check out you tube videos.
For the best price shop online for one, the dealers will really rip you off.

Pauljdav
Explorer
Explorer
If both buttons don't work it's likely the motor. You can test voltage at the motor to be sure.