cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A different Toy Hauler...

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
I never thought about posting a few pics of our Cargo Trailer {6 X 10' and 8' tall} in the Toy Hauler Forum but dedmiston suggested it so here you go:

When I'm not hauling furniture, firewood and landscape materials we spend a lot of time towing it behind the 24' Nexus. I used to haul my Indian Springfield but traded it in on a Can Am Spyder RT. It also hauls my Polaris Rzr SXS {which is completely street legal most states} and the choice of which to bring just boils down to what kind of fun we want to enjoy at our destination.

I have put 25K miles on the trailer over the last 3+ years and it never disappoints. The Class C and trailer come in at 38' long and the trailer usually weighs in between 2,200# - 2,600# depending on what and how I load. Towing the trailer costs me one mpg {8.5 from 9.5} vs non towing with the Nexus.

This was taken at Buckskin mountain SP just north of Parker AZ, we will be back next month this time riding the Can AM:

Here is the Rzr SXS loaded in our site at Big Lake {9,200'} in the eastern White Mountains of Arizona:

:B
6 REPLIES 6

Y-Guy
wantabe351 wrote:
I like your RV pkg, it works well and very flexible for what ever you might take along for the trip, plus space for the campsite furniture.. One question do you find any short comings with your setup on a vacation where multiple stops are planned?

We've used our Class A to haul our ATVs, Boat and now our Jeep. A few times on a trip where we needed to have a vehicle we used Enterprise to rent a car for our needs. But in all the years we've owned it that was only twice and both times on longer trips with the ATVs. Otherwise we just made sure to pack what we needed, or we turtled up the Class A and went to town.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
wantabe351 wrote:
I like your RV pkg, it works well and very flexible for what ever you might take along for the trip, plus space for the campsite furniture.. One question do you find any short comings with your setup on a vacation where multiple stops are planned?

Not so much... Most of our trips are planned for one or two specific destinations usually involving riding either the Spyder or the Rzr. The longer trips like our Yellowstone/Grand Teton run in June of 2020 had 8 different stops over a three week period. Because our rig maxes out at 38' with the cargo trailer I have not had any problems finding suitable sites. Getting fuel or groceries has not been an issue either.

After years of practice backing the single axle cargo trailer has become fairly routine and while pull throughs are easier back in sites aren't a problem. With the current fuel prices we have adapted by doing shorter, usually 4 day trips that are closer to home but still tow our toys which are selected to fit the destination.

When fuel costs return to more reasonable levels we would like to do another cross country run and it will be tough to leave the trailer home as we have become spoiled given all of the fun it adds. All of the many additional uses we find for the cargo trailer make owning it even better

:C

wantabe351
Explorer
Explorer
[purple]Rich & Andrea
[/purple] Semi-Retired
2022 Ram2500 6.4 CC

2019Keystone,Impact26v-TH,solarpower

,Lithium Batt.. all to take our 2012 Yamaha FJR along to ride..

Mmaxed
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nothing wrong with that. Our first toy hauler was a 30 ft fiver with a 10 ft flat bed tagged behind. Hauled a quad or two and a dirt bike on it.

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
very nice!

Longtime Member of RV.net (since 2005) just trying to find my friends and way around in this new community.
40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

dedmiston
That counts. Good job.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230