cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

skippy102162
Explorer
Explorer
These are great, folks! How hard is it to do the door under the dinette? I'm always amazed by all these great mods--thanks for sharing!
๐Ÿ˜‰

DH 1959
ME 1962
2 DS home
1 DS college
1 DD college grad living and working in Omaha
2 DS ๐Ÿ™‚ 2 DDIL ๐Ÿ™‚ 2 grand babies

2000 Dodge Ram Van 1500
1998 Jayco 12 UD ST
Eureka Tent
Before our current PUP, had a 2005 Jayco Hybrid and a 92 Coleman PUP.

KDOG2010
Explorer
Explorer
Great mods guys! Wow, now you have me thinking. I could just mod my HTT instead of getting rid of it! Hmmmmmm.....
'04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L I6 4spd auto
'09 Kodiak 195 hybrid, 3487lbs empty

jerr529
Explorer
Explorer

lightweight shelves perfect and no drilling::)
23ss Roo 09
chevy 09 Silverado 5.3 V8 3.73
DW,4boys all grown, GC 5 boys 5 girls ages 8 down to 1

Equalizer hitch
ultra fab 3500 Power Jack

http://community.webshots.com/user/jerr7

bmeyer44
Explorer
Explorer
a couple more mods that I've made.

"Cheap Chocks"

reflectix in bunk ends

bmeyer44
Explorer
Explorer
another mod that I mean to do before the trailer is locked up for the winter is some coat hooks in the hallway. There isn't anymore wall space at the front of the trailer since I've filled that up with other "goodies"
I also want to get a pivoting TV stand installed.

Mountain_Lover
Explorer
Explorer
This is not really a mod, but just good use of what's available. The Vizio 19" TV in our little Jayco doesn't have much in the way of quality audio. We almost couldn't hear some stations when the AC was on. I purchased a 3' mini-stereo cable to mini-stereo cable (mini-stereo plug on both ends) and plugged into the headphones output on the Vizio and the other into the audio input on the stereo that came in our Jayco. Turn the stereo on and be sure to push the auxillary input button. You may have to play with the volume knob on the stereo to get the level you desire. Once the proper audio level is achieved you can use the Vizio remote control to control the volume level. The sound now comes through both stereo speakers and is 1000% better than the speakers in the Vizio. We can now hear our TV clearly even when the AC is blasting.
Mountain Lover
KB4BT
2010 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Auto
2003 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Man
2009 Jayco EXP 17C

wagreens
Explorer
Explorer
We liked the shoe organizer idea, too.

The hotwater heater is under one of the dinette, so I added a dividing panel so that we would not have stuff right up against it.

Then since we would not be accessing it very often, I cut the cover board so that we only have to open half of it

Added Velcro to the back of the dinette seat cushions because they kept falling over:

Velcro ready to put on the cell phones, so we can hang them next to an outlet for recharging and labeling the light switches:

Command Strip hooks for keys:

and hats and coats

Finally a pressure curtain rod with slacks hangers for hanging up wet towels:
2001 V6 Toyota Tundra / 2005 StarCraft Antiqua 195CK

bmeyer44
Explorer
Explorer
Here's some of the mods I've done to our Jayco23B.
Nothing major, just some things to make our life more convient.

shoebag over bathroom door for holding personal items, shampoo, brushes, etc

bug screen over furnace vent

Bucket light

same light at night

this used to be our portable potty stand, but fell out of that use YEARS ago. So I modified it a bit and it's used under the dinette for extra support in case we have to turtle in. After we get to camp we put the cooler on it so it's out of the dirt and mud

also made a cover to go over not only the stove, but most of the countertop as well. This is probably one of the best mods that I've made as it doubled our countertop space, is still narrow enough that when scooted to the front of countertop, there is enough space that the oven can still vent out the back. I stained it, and gave it about 4 coats of polyurethane to seal it.

a couple more that I haven't taken pictures of are coated cup hooks in one of the cupboards to hold our coffee cups and a tray organizer for our utensils.

I'm also in the process of making a key/flashlight holder to put by the door since we never seem to be able to find our truck keys once camp is set up.:S

I've got an idea on a fix for the magnetic shower curtain that seems to attack me everytime I take a shower, so I'll post that when I get it done also.

Here's a couple more mods I have done.

Key holder

cup hooks in cabinet

pop a papertowel

Wine glass rack

Shower curtain Hula Fix

Shoe Holder

A way to transport wine glasses without them getting broke.
a 2" piece of styrofoam insulation board. I pushed the glasses down into it to make an impression, then took a scalpel and went around the impression. Then simply pushed the glasses down into the insulation board about an inch. They aren't budging.
it ain't pretty, but hopefully it'll work!

DuckTang
Explorer
Explorer
If you drain your heater after each use, it will last even longer. No water, no contact, no corrosion.
2006 235 Aero Cub
1967 Cox Cadet

aepowell
Explorer
Explorer
justjjoe wrote:
Change mine at the start of the season.

Your wasting your money. They will sometimes last 10 yrs.
Anthony & Margie Powell
Sherman,Tx.
2001 Jayco Kiwi 23B
2013 Ram Slt Lonestar(yea its got a HEMI)

bmeyer44
Explorer
Explorer
move to below

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
njload wrote:
Mr. USA is your weather station hard wired or running on battery power. I liked the looks of it and orderd one and it came today. Nice unit indeed.

I use the batteries installed and plug it in when I'm plugged in @ campsites. I like the look with the lights on. I have had the same batteries in for over 2 months now and it still works.
08 Jayco 23B
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy

njload
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. USA is your weather station hard wired or running on battery power. I liked the looks of it and orderd one and it came today. Nice unit indeed.
2014 Cherokee 254Q
2011 Ford F350 Diesel 4X4

justjjoe
Explorer
Explorer
Change mine at the start of the season.

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
Alum rod? I work at a heat exchanger company and have never seen alum anodes. usually zinc but anyways for our applications any anode should last longer then the camper will be around so I wouldnt worry about it. It's not like anyone is running salt water...lol
08 Jayco 23B
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy