cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

Mountain_Lover
Explorer
Explorer
Generally cleaning the anode rod is not necessary. When the rod becomes so pitted it appears that it might break in two, then it's time to repace the rod.
Mountain Lover
KB4BT
2010 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Auto
2003 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Man
2009 Jayco EXP 17C

njload
Explorer
Explorer
Mountain Lover, thanks for the reply. I guess I'll not use the drain MOD. Is it OK to wire brush this anode rod and clean it up?
2014 Cherokee 254Q
2011 Ford F350 Diesel 4X4

Mountain_Lover
Explorer
Explorer
The extension on your drain plug is a sacrificial anode rod. The compounds in the water eat away at the anode rather than the tank of your hot water heater, making the tank last longer, and in some cases improve the smell of the water. (Not all TT hot water heaters have sacrificial anodes.)

Anode rods eventually get "eaten up" and need replacing. The more acidic the water (lower PH) the faster they wear out and need replacement.
Mountain Lover
KB4BT
2010 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Auto
2003 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Man
2009 Jayco EXP 17C

njload
Explorer
Explorer
Hello folks, I am looking to MOD my Hot Water Heater and install a drain extension like AZAussies did on page 4 of this post. I removed my Hot Water Heater drain plug and it has a long alumnium extension on it. Does anyone know what the purpose of this is? This is a great post.

Any help is appreciated.

NJLOAD
2014 Cherokee 254Q
2011 Ford F350 Diesel 4X4

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. Took it out for a dry run over labor day weekend. 4 days and 3 nights and left with 2/3 Battery power left over. Very happy with that. Just need to get my Battery switch installed and should be all set.
08 Jayco 23B
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy

Camper_X
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Usa wrote:
My latest mod. (Dual batteries) Made this at work with some scrap parts...:B

Wow! That is cool!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
My latest mod. (Dual batteries) Made this at work with some scrap parts...:B

08 Jayco 23B
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy

Jerry9n
Explorer
Explorer
DW wanted a place to store the shoes, so built a shoe rack.

Jerry9n
2009 23' Cikira Escape EXP
2006 Ford Expedition
Reese Pro Series SC
Tekonsha Primus IQ
HTT Mods

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
Couple more small mods.

Portable DVD stand in place of the TV....dry campin!!!

Coon spotter!!

08 Jayco 23B
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy

mister_d
Explorer
Explorer
Between the wheel chocks

Wing nut that tightens them up

New shower head -- wayyyyy better!

Added shelves -- would do it different if I did it again, but they do the job.

Shelf added under bathroom sink -- basically doubles usable space

Towel rack that's really just there for looks -- wet towels are attracted to our awning arms!

Added a second medicine cabinet

Added a new hole for dinette window so we could open it further.

Found this Mag-Light set at Sam's Club

Caps fell off within the first few weeks (one on the way home from dealer) and this way the stinky slinky gets a breeze

Had a square supported/welded to the frame - by far my favorite mod!

Storage compartment

Clips to hold irons and skewers
Our Adventures
Me '77 DW '78
DD '04 DS '07
Yellowstone + more Trip Report
2011 F150 4x4 Ecoboost 6.5 SCREW 3.73 Max Tow
2011 Lacrosse 296BHS video tour
Hensley Arrow

Jeremy626
Explorer
Explorer
To go along with my wired rear view camera installation, I picked up a 7 wire trailer plug protector (clearance isle at Wally World). I fab'd up an additional bracket for the video cable from the camera. I drilled and mounted a RCA end to end connector on the bracket and sealed the top with shrink tube. Now when the trailers in storage or at a campsite, the plug is up and out of the rain/dirt/mud

Jeremy626
Explorer
Explorer
Rather than living out of duffel bags for weekends/trips and constantly stacking and restacking them in our wardrobe, I opted for an easy drawer setup. I thought about doing permanent shelves, but the drawers are handy because I can remove all 3 to bring inside and pack. One for me, one for the wife, and the two kids (4 & 18 months) share the third. We have enough room in there for a 4 night trip. Makes getting at jammies and stuff a lot easier.

I added woven straps via velcro to the front of the drawers to keep them from flying open and spilling all over the floor (ask me how I know....).

Now for loading, when we pull the trailer home to load up, we bring the bins inside and when they're packed, they go in the wardrobe. Unloading is just as easy.

We let the kids decorate the front of each drawer with crafty foam stickers

Tim_W
Explorer
Explorer
Added doors (closed)

Added doors (open)

Added door shocks

Added slide awning

Added exterior door under fridge (inside shot)

exterior door (outside shot)

exterior door (after)

Tim

Just Remember: When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane :B

2014 StarCraft Autumn Ridge 278BH

2014 Ram BigHorn Hemi 5.7

Tim_W
Explorer
Explorer
DW new spice rack

Tim

Just Remember: When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane :B

2014 StarCraft Autumn Ridge 278BH

2014 Ram BigHorn Hemi 5.7

AZAussies
Explorer
Explorer
The hot water heater hose parts. . . I was going to take a picture of each part before I put it together, but before I could, DH grabbed it all and put it together. I think he was jealous of all the time I spent working on the trailer.

So it's the plumbing hose, and I got 1/2" connections on each end. The original mod I saw had one end descending to 3/8", but the valve I found was 1/2", so I got the 1/2" on each end. I got a 1/4 turn valve (easier than the multiple turn). And between the hose and the hot water heater was a 1/2" plastic plumbing nipple ( looked like this but was plastic).

Plumbers tape between all the connections and put it all together. Tested for leaks. . . no problems. Very easy mod and so useful.

Nita