cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

bamaram2002
Explorer
Explorer
trophy_guy wrote:
Where did you find the doors for your upper cabinets?

I ordered them from www.kitchendoordepot.com. They'll make pretty much any size you need and had the best price I could find online.
Mike, Michele, Hannah (13) and Elijah (10)
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab
2003 KZ Coyote 23CT
Family Travel Photo Album

afob3
Explorer
Explorer
More details on the Hot Water Heater Drain Hose please....

I don't think my plug nor my nuckles will stand many more removals. I recognize the braided hose but what parts were used to connect to the tank & the valve?

Thx
2012 Koala 25DS
2011 F150 Ecoboost SuperCrew with Max Tow Package

www.familyobrien.net

trophy_guy
Explorer
Explorer
bamaram2002 wrote:
Here are the cabinet door mods I recently made.

Upper cabinets - open cubby holes

Upper cabinets after with nice cabinet doors

Closed area below front bunk. The only way to access this space was to turn yourself into a contortionist and access it through the outside cargo area.

After - a cabinet door now provides easy access to this area.

This dinette seat has the water heater under it, but there is still a lot of useable space under there

Now a cabinet door allows easy access to that space.

Finally... Someone wanted to see a pic of the cheap ($9) Wal-mart 12V fans I modified to use as bunk fans. All I did was cut off the cigarette lighter plug and soldered on a 1/4" stereo jack plug so that it could plug unto the bunk power port. These oscillate too. In order to use the bunk fan and light together, I tried using a 1/4" splitter, but its been blowing the fuse if I try and use both at the same time, so I think the splitter may be the problem - but I have an idea on that. I'm going to get some 1/4" receiver jacks and wire them on to this set-up and plug the light into that. That would fix the problem if the splitters I have are the culprits.

Where did you find the doors for your upper cabinets?

AZAussies
Explorer
Explorer
This weekend I did two mods based on ideas I got in this forum:

I put the drain hose on the hot water heater (I hate the drain plugs and trying to get it in and out).

I made pvc racks to hold all the poles and long skinny things (in the front storage area).

TMMull
Explorer
Explorer
Here's some of the mods I did.

HD shower curtain with valves inside shower

Fan/ lite hangers, towel rack and opened "wasted" space above sink

The fan/lite hanger

Moved radio under cabinet and opened storage where radio was

Wall mounted TV

White board by the door

Cutting board for sink and stove

Igniter for stove top

Better stabilizers with strong arms

Extended step 1 1/2 inch

Tank cover

Removed the lock from the outside shower

Battery cut off switch

There's a whole lot more I didn't take pics of.
2008 Starcraft 185SB Antigua
2005 Ford F150 XLT Supercab 4.6

va_jay55
Explorer
Explorer
Last, but, not least, the entertainment center.

Other mods seen here are much better looking jobs. I plan on a redo soon. The power and video cables will go through the closet walls when it's done.

Replaced cheap standard Roo speakers with inexpensive Pyle speakers.

Using a Viewsonic converter to utilize an extra computer LCD monitor laying around, I bought a wall mount and have a 15" TV screen to use when it rains or to check news and more importantly, the weather.

And I velcroed the remotes for the TV and audio systems.

The DVD is for movies and the audio for all the TV equipment is through the OEM audio system. I hope to replace it soon.
TV: 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Classic CCSB, LBZ
Andersen Aluminum Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection 2
RV: 2008 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

va_jay55
Explorer
Explorer
BP88 wrote:
va_jay55,

Very cool indeed!!

Love the antique tools, and love even more honoring our ancestors!!

Thanks BP. I think about him when I look at that level. I wish I was as good at the woodworking and other things he did. He was amazing with wood.

Here is another pic. Maybe not exactly a mod, but, they replaced the cheap caps that came on the wheels.
The Yin-Yang stickers were my daughter's idea. Love it.

BP88
Explorer
Explorer
va_jay55,

Very cool indeed!!

Love the antique tools, and love even more honoring our ancestors!!
"Here we go, life's waiting to begin."

va_jay55
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a level made in the 1930s that belonged to my Dad. This tool is part of my earliest memories. He always used it during all his building projects around our house while I was growing up. He was instrumental with helping us get this trailer before he passed away in '05, so, I thought it would be a nice tribute to have a place in the camper to carry it. I sometimes use it when setting up if the site is not very level. It is a beautiful piece.

va_jay55
Explorer
Explorer
Here are my homemade wheel chocks.

va_jay55
Explorer
Explorer
I moved the fire extinguisher to this location as it was mounted off the side of the oven box next to the door. It was getting hit when coming or going and we wanted to mount a pocket storage for shoes there.

Shoe caddy next to the door. Fire extinguisher was mounted here.

va_jay55
Explorer
Explorer
Here are pics of my battery box mod. I used a $35 tool/storage box from Lowes designed for the back of an SUV. It's bolted to the same plate as the original box. I had to move the propane tank mounting back a couple of inches to get it in behind the tongue jack.

When these interstate batts wear out, I'll replace them with the 6 volt variety.

I added the switch in case I need to disconnect the batts. The extra space in the box is used to store the wood for jack stand pads, tie-down bungies, the tongue jack foot, gloves, rope, etc.

Edit for SPELL CHECK :S

LAdams
Explorer
Explorer
Love the street lamp and the Mickey lights :B

Les

2000 Ford F-250SD, XLT, 4X4 Off Road, SuperCab
w/ 6.8L (415 C.I.) V-10/3:73LS/4R100
Banks Power Pack w/Trans Command & OttoMind
Sold Trailer - not RV'ing at this point in time

HUNTER THERMOSTAT INSTALL

HOME MADE WHEEL CHOCKS

bamaram2002
Explorer
Explorer
These aren't mods to the HTT, but are some projects I made for our last trip to Fort Wilderness at Disney World (we still had the Cub then).

This is a street lamp made from a Christmas tree stand, 3" PVC pipe, some couplers and acrylic globes glued together to look like a Mickey head. I also have a plain round globe that we use most of the time.

These are Mickey head awning lights that I made too. The heads are acrylic globes and the ears are plastic baseballs. We use these most of the time that we camp, but occasionally swap them out for some windsock-type lights that we have also.

2003 KZ Coyote 23CT

bamaram2002
Explorer
Explorer
ndtiger wrote:

ndtiger, can you PM me some details on how you made this table? I really like this one!
2003 KZ Coyote 23CT