cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

colemancheyenne
Explorer
Explorer
Here are the shelves that I put in a wardrobe in the back of my trailer.

And my adjustable aluminum door stop. Broke the old plastic one and got bored at work one night. Whipped this up on the lathe.

2003 Dutchmen 25QT-Hybrid
1997 Coleman Cheyenne-Sold 4/13/09
2007 Chevy Silverado 4x4 TV
DW, DD (11), DS (9), DS (6)

bamaram2002
Explorer
Explorer
Here are the cabinet door mods I recently made.

Upper cabinets - open cubby holes

Upper cabinets after with nice cabinet doors

Closed area below front bunk. The only way to access this space was to turn yourself into a contortionist and access it through the outside cargo area.

After - a cabinet door now provides easy access to this area.

This dinette seat has the water heater under it, but there is still a lot of useable space under there

Now a cabinet door allows easy access to that space.

Finally... Someone wanted to see a pic of the cheap ($9) Wal-mart 12V fans I modified to use as bunk fans. All I did was cut off the cigarette lighter plug and soldered on a 1/4" stereo jack plug so that it could plug unto the bunk power port. These oscillate too. In order to use the bunk fan and light together, I tried using a 1/4" splitter, but its been blowing the fuse if I try and use both at the same time, so I think the splitter may be the problem - but I have an idea on that. I'm going to get some 1/4" receiver jacks and wire them on to this set-up and plug the light into that. That would fix the problem if the splitters I have are the culprits.

Mike, Michele, Hannah (13) and Elijah (10)
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab
2003 KZ Coyote 23CT
Family Travel Photo Album

bamaram2002
Explorer
Explorer
Inside, I added shelves to one closet and a plastic drawer tower in the other for small items. The plastic drawers are fastened by industrial Velcro so that it isn't going anywhere.

Left Side closet:

Right Side Closet

Finally, we added a curtain in the hallway between the main area and the rear bunk area and bathroom. The two closets are on either side with curtain between them.

2003 KZ Coyote 23CT

bamaram2002
Explorer
Explorer
I also replaced the old tired 12V Marine battery with two 6V Interstate U2200s. I bought "blemished" ones for $45 each from the local Interstate distributor. They are perfectly good batteries that just have external blemishes but still carry the same warranty as the ones you buy in any store. As you can see I really had to squeeze to get them in there.

I also added a battery disconnect since I was changing everything out.

Finally, since everything is so tight and hard to get into, I added this battery charger port - an idea I borrowed from someone in the TT forum. I made a mated cable that I connect one end here and the other to my battery charger

2003 KZ Coyote 23CT

bamaram2002
Explorer
Explorer
Now that we have a "sticky" I'm reposting this here from an earlier thread...

The following posts chronicle the mods and improvements I've made to our 2003 Coyote 23CT that we brought home back in March.

I still have plenty more to do, such as covering the upper cubby holes with cabinet doors, adding a drawer under one of the dinette seat among others.

The first thing I did was clean it up as it was in pretty sorry shape. As far as exterior goes, the following pics show before and after from replacing some bad and faded decals, replacing the old screw-type bunk door fasteners with the new locking cargo vise fasteners.

I also added a cargo door under the right-side bunk to access a long, unused space similar to the one under the left bunk. This really added some usable space. Finally I repainted the A-Frame, stab jacks and back bumper to clean them up and added an LP Tank cover.

Front before:

Front after:

Left Side Before:

Badly peeling decal:

Left Bunk Before showing faded decal

Left Side After:

Left Bunk After:

Rear Before:

Rear After with painted bumper and new decal:

Right Side Before:

Right Bunk Before:

Right Bunk After showing new cargo door:

2003 KZ Coyote 23CT

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
A great idea would be for the folks to mention the brand and model of their HTT when they upload their mod pictures and post them.

Dre

BP88
Explorer
Explorer
ndtiger,

Great idea on the DTV stand. I bought a tripod that is supposed to be for a dish, but it falls over. It comes with a screw, similar to those screw in the ground chain things for dogs. It is a hug pain to use.

I really like the shelf mounted on the outside as well.
"Here we go, life's waiting to begin."

luv2travelnow
Explorer
Explorer
this is the lamanet i put in

solar pannel set up

this one also shows the dual batteries on the toung

Dan
2006 GMC Long Bed
2001 Jayco 23B HTT
19?? WIFE AS YOUNG AS ALWAY

Jeremy626
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a pic of it yet, but I just finished this on my HTT and my in laws HTT. On our trailer we have two cushions up front on the dinette bench that ALWAYS fell over....beyond annoying

I had in my bin of assorted stuff a snap installer crimp thing. Got the wheels spinning in my head. So I took the "male" portion of the snap and there's three of those screwed into the wood cabinet for each cushion. The "female" piece of the snap is crimped on the back of the cushion. So now the cushions stay up (even when climbing over to mrs to go to the bathroom at night). Kinda funny how something so simple as 6 snaps could bring so much happiness.

ndtiger
Explorer
Explorer

ndtiger

jtbeck
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Usa wrote:
Was trying to figure out a mod to store some fishing poles but they fit real nice behind the (slideout) couch, No mod needed ๐Ÿ™‚

I've seen people use the pass through storage and some fishing pole wall hangers. Just mount them horizontally instead of vertically. I'm thinking of doing something like that for our roasting forks.
Me (69), DW (69), DD (95), DS (00), DS (01) and 1 camping toy fox terrier (08)
06 Aerolite Cub 23BH, '00 Chevy Suburban LT 1500

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
Was trying to figure out a mod to store some fishing poles but they fit real nice behind the (slideout) couch, No mod needed ๐Ÿ™‚
08 Jayco 23B
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy

Magua
Explorer
Explorer
deleted
Me (39), DH (40), DS1: 7 DS2: 6
Grand plans to take the fam on the road for a year+.

LAdams
Explorer
Explorer

Since this forum is not as active as a lot of the others - I just generally leave things pretty much alone unless I see a rule violation...

A Modification section would be good so:

I can make the Mod thread a "sticky",

OR

I can see if we can get a sub-category for Mods (would probably take some time to do this as it's a programming issue)

OR

we can just let the thread run - what's your pleasure???

One thing though - if we let it run and it gets large (and it probably will) - - you ALL have to promise - NO BUMPING - if someone bumps the thread after you promise me not to, I'll lock it down...

Also remember RV.Net maximum picture size is 640X480 pixels... I don't want to have to spend a lot of time editing picture sizes... If you don't know how to edit size, go to the Tech Forum and look at the stickies there or ask the Tech Forum Moderator for help - they will be glad to help you...

The "sticky" I could probably get done in a day or two as this does not require a programming change...

Please PM with your answers so we don't hijack this thread with your comments...

Les - Moderator - Hybrid Forum

2000 Ford F-250SD, XLT, 4X4 Off Road, SuperCab
w/ 6.8L (415 C.I.) V-10/3:73LS/4R100
Banks Power Pack w/Trans Command & OttoMind
Sold Trailer - not RV'ing at this point in time

HUNTER THERMOSTAT INSTALL

HOME MADE WHEEL CHOCKS

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty easy for the weather station install. One screw on the inside and one outside to hold the remote receiver in place. The remote is detatchable from the base so we don't lose it during travel.

JT, I agree about the HTT mods. I don't really go into the TT Threads that much.
08 Jayco 23B
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy