Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking at used 2023 Chevy HD 2500, Duramax

solman
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All,
I am looking to replace my 2011 Ford F250 6.2 gas. I don't do a lot of miles but age and corrosion has caught up especially on the underside of the bed and it's probably time. The truck did fine except on steep hills which I don't see a lot of.
I tow a 12000 pound cougar 35 foot fifth wheel trailer.
I came across a used 2023 Chevy 2500HD LTZ with the Duramax diesel. It has 22k miles and has the LTZ trim package and in bed hitch provision. Also has the standard 6&3/4 bed and double cab. I am not stuck on getting a diesel but this deal peaked my interest. Priced at $60,000 and seems to be very clean in and out.
This is on a Chevy new dealer lot and has the powertrain 100k, and bumper to bumper 36000 mile guaranty.
Is this a fair price? My online research seems to say yes.
Having the bed at less than 8 feet I was thinking a slider hitch is in order. The Demco auto slide is probably the way to go. Not much more than the manual type sliders and being an auto slide should prevent possible mishaps.
Any helpful feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Solman
Solman
2011 F-250 6.2L 4x4 3.73 8'bed
2020 Keystone Cougar 5er 315RLS
pullrite 16k hitch
34 REPLIES 34

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
That seems like a great deal (assuming it is as it appears) if the extra cab thing works, I would be all over that. I just ordered a '24 CC 3500 Dmax LTZ and it was 82K. I think it goes to show how important crew cab is on resale. Not everyone needs a crew cab but resale alone can justify one.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
joshuajim wrote:
That sure sound like a Trolling question
Not at all. He thru down a challange. I called him on it.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

joshuajim
Explorer
Explorer
That sure sound like a Trolling question
RVing since 1995.

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
First, I hate like he!! to hear someone slam ALL salesmen as liars. Really? I was in the automobile business for 30 years, and I employed scores of honest, hard-working, straightforward salespeople that I'd entrust with my life. Get off the insults. I'm sure "your" profession (or former profession) was made up of nothing but choir boys, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Now, on to the truck. Is it a CPO unit? (certified pre-owned). If not, there's a reason, and I'd walk away from it. The year & mileage qualify it to be one, and in being so it would have a CPO warranty, which in many cases, is far superior to the original factory warranty. I'd check out that fact and make my decision accordingly.
One question:

Would you walk on to any car lot at random and ask the salesman for the "back story on a vehicle,,,,,and trust the answer to be true?

Why would I do that when I've got enough common sense (and even my own computer!) to research it myself?? :h
You just made my point for me.
Thank you
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2 bathrooms, no waiting
17.5LRH commercial tires

manley
Explorer
Explorer
Honestly, that sounds like a screaming deal on that truck.
2021 F250 XLT FX4 SCREW Godzilla 7.3L
Hensley Arrow
2017 Open Range Light 272RLS

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
As long as youโ€™re ok with having a full time chubby driving and towing with the new Dmax, go ahead. If it will interfere with steering, keep the old reliable 6.2.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

solman
Explorer
Explorer
This is a CPO truck.
I wouldn't consider it if it wasn't.
Solman
2011 F-250 6.2L 4x4 3.73 8'bed
2020 Keystone Cougar 5er 315RLS
pullrite 16k hitch

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
Huntindog wrote:
First, I hate like he!! to hear someone slam ALL salesmen as liars. Really? I was in the automobile business for 30 years, and I employed scores of honest, hard-working, straightforward salespeople that I'd entrust with my life. Get off the insults. I'm sure "your" profession (or former profession) was made up of nothing but choir boys, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Now, on to the truck. Is it a CPO unit? (certified pre-owned). If not, there's a reason, and I'd walk away from it. The year & mileage qualify it to be one, and in being so it would have a CPO warranty, which in many cases, is far superior to the original factory warranty. I'd check out that fact and make my decision accordingly.
One question:

Would you walk on to any car lot at random and ask the salesman for the "back story on a vehicle,,,,,and trust the answer to be true?

I'm with you all the way on this. Good and bad in all camps, everywhere....even here! And everything you say makes sense regarding the CPO info. Thanks!
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Huntindog wrote:

One question:

Why would I do that when I've got enough common sense (and even my own computer!) to research it myself?? :h
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Make sure it isn't a Flood Truck. This past year many Cars & Trucks have been under water because of all the areas that have flooded.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
Have the dealer show you the CarFax and go from there.
Will all things show on a CarFax? Nope, but it's better than believing a dealership that could have bought it at an auction and it has a branded title.
The Carfax will show you that type of thing.

Good Luck with Carfax.

I have a 2017 GMC 3500 in the garage out back purchased new.

It was hit in 2017 with 12K on the ticker in the left front by a Prius doing about 30 mph, did a little over $15K damage including frame at front,was repaired covered by insurance, at the original dealer body shop.

It took 3 different deer hits since, again paid for by insurance.
One was over 6K damage, the other two north of $3.5K each.

That's somewhere around $28,000.00 in damages including the frame once, in the course of about 6 years, and not one of those incidents will come up on a Carfax report.
2018 Marathon H3-45
2019 GMC Sierra Denali (Toad)
2012 Grady White 271 Canyon

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer

One question:

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2 bathrooms, no waiting
17.5LRH commercial tires

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer

. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
JIMNLIN said:
"If your trailer has the notched/rounded front corners made for short bed trucks I doubt you need a sliding hitch if the pin is located zero over the trucks rear axle.
GM has a 43" C/A dimension (cab to trucks rear axle)...longer than Rams or Fords C/A."

^Agree, a sliding hitch is not needed. A B&W 3700 would be a good hitch choice, for the OEM puck system. While not a slider, it has some ahead/back adjustment.

This sounds like a great truck to tow your FW, and not a bad price IMO.

Jerry

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
bucky wrote:
Have the dealer show you the CarFax and go from there.
Will all things show on a CarFax? Nope, but it's better than believing a dealership that could have bought it at an auction and it has a branded title.
The Carfax will show you that type of thing.

DITTO on the Carfax. A lot of the dealers I shop at actually have a dealer account with Carfax.com and will have the Carfax report accessible from the dealer's sale listing on their website.

It will show you where the truck was originally sold. To me, that's a key detail. I won't touch an auction truck that came from Canada or the east coast / midwest because it will probably will be all full of rust if driven in the winter.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator