Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking at used 2023 Chevy HD 2500, Duramax

solman
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All,
I am looking to replace my 2011 Ford F250 6.2 gas. I don't do a lot of miles but age and corrosion has caught up especially on the underside of the bed and it's probably time. The truck did fine except on steep hills which I don't see a lot of.
I tow a 12000 pound cougar 35 foot fifth wheel trailer.
I came across a used 2023 Chevy 2500HD LTZ with the Duramax diesel. It has 22k miles and has the LTZ trim package and in bed hitch provision. Also has the standard 6&3/4 bed and double cab. I am not stuck on getting a diesel but this deal peaked my interest. Priced at $60,000 and seems to be very clean in and out.
This is on a Chevy new dealer lot and has the powertrain 100k, and bumper to bumper 36000 mile guaranty.
Is this a fair price? My online research seems to say yes.
Having the bed at less than 8 feet I was thinking a slider hitch is in order. The Demco auto slide is probably the way to go. Not much more than the manual type sliders and being an auto slide should prevent possible mishaps.
Any helpful feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Solman
Solman
2011 F-250 6.2L 4x4 3.73 8'bed
2020 Keystone Cougar 5er 315RLS
pullrite 16k hitch
34 REPLIES 34

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have the dealer show you the CarFax and go from there.
Will all things show on a CarFax? Nope, but it's better than believing a dealership that could have bought it at an auction and it has a branded title.
The Carfax will show you that type of thing.
Puma 30RKSS

solman
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle ,the back story is that it was traded for a crew cab. Do I believe it, probably not.
Huntingdog is correct the backstory is always questionable.
GVWR is 11,200 lbs my Ford is 9600 so a lot more capacity.
I am not familiar with the Duramax Maintenance schedule so I thought to make the dealer perform a full service as part of the deal.
I guess oil and filter as well as fuel filters are in order.
Solman
2011 F-250 6.2L 4x4 3.73 8'bed
2020 Keystone Cougar 5er 315RLS
pullrite 16k hitch

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
Always, always, always get the back story. Why is a 2023 with less than 30K for sale? Sometimes it's innocent. Someone old that had unexpected health problems, bla, bla, bla.....

Or it could be a problem child that had nothing but problems and they want to dump it.

The back story and history is alway super important. And don't take the dealers salesman's word for it.
I never bother to ask for a "back story"
It will be that some little old lady from Pasadena had it, only drove it to church on Sunday, waxed it weekly and had it blessed by a Rabbi.

Seriously, Salesmen lie more than politicians do. "Don't take the salesmans word for it?" How do you do that? The dealer has it now.

Even if buying from a private party....They become salesmen as well. Reread the part about Salesmen lie.

Only ask about the "back story" if you enjoy being lied to.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
sound like a fair deal for a pre owned '23 2500 LTZ DMAX/A.
2500 GM diesel trucks can come with up to 11550 gvwr and higher rated 6600 rawr .
Rawr will carry all the pin weight and other stuff in the bed so the rucks chassis and the DMAX/A will have no issues with a 12k 5th wheel trailer.
My neighbor has the same in a '22 model and pull my fully loaded 36' tri axle 21k lbs stock trailer with ease.

If your trailer has the notched/rounded front corners made for short bed trucks I doubt you need a sliding hitch if the pin is located zero over the trucks rear axle.
GM has a 43" C/A dimension (cab to trucks rear axle)...longer than Rams or Fords C/A.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Always, always, always get the back story. Why is a 2023 with less than 30K for sale? Sometimes it's innocent. Someone old that had unexpected health problems, bla, bla, bla.....

Or it could be a problem child that had nothing but problems and they want to dump it.

The back story and history is alway super important. And don't take the dealers salesman's word for it.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln