cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford to release the F150 in Australia

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
We already have the RAM and Silverado both being converted( remanufactured) by Walkinshaw(they produce about 500 to 700 unique parts). Toyota has 300 Tundras roaming around Australia to test their conversion, again to be done by Walkingshaw. All conversions are covered by OEM warranty. Ford will have the F150 conerted in Thailand. US Pickups are basicaly lifestyle vehicles here. There is a US HD Pickups towing 5th wheelers, but they are not the only vehicles towing 5vers though.
Unlike US and Canada they are not used a work vehicles but larger" Utes" and used as " cars" If they were used as in the US numbers sold would not be small
Correction the F150 will be converted locally but not by Walkinshaw
F150 to be now sold again in Australia
33 REPLIES 33

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Grit Dog wrote:
Allow me to help. GM makes EV hummers. Earth cruiser may be thinking about making some into campers. Earth cruiser doesnโ€™t โ€œproduceโ€ vehicles. They modify vehicles into campers

They are not thinking they have. Shown at last Overland Exhibition. Earthcruiser does produce Expedition vehicles. These are vastly different to the base vehicle. You cannot recognise the base vehicle in many cases.
In fact you commmented on a previous post about Earthcruiser and GM
Another company in Australia builds the base vehicle as well
EV 's as Off Roaders not a good idea

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
RobertRyan wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
RRโ€ฆ.no one cares, bud.
That is fine we are taking over the Off Road industry in the US and I am hapoy about that

lol. I think arb lockers are Aussie. Theyโ€™re pretty good. What are you taking aboot?

ARB has joined Toyota in an off road version of the Tacoma.ARB is a major sponsor of Overland Expos. Earthcruiser has joined with GM to produce an EV Hummer there are plenty of other Aussie aftermarket and Off Road companies operating in the US

Allow me to help. GM makes EV hummers. Earth cruiser may be thinking about making some into campers. Earth cruiser doesnโ€™t โ€œproduceโ€ vehicles. They modify vehicles into campers.
But I get what you meant. They may have another Uber high priced โ€œoverlandโ€ vehicle model.
Great.
A pudgy, correction, obese ultra expensive electric vehicle made into a backcountry rig with no way to pack extra โ€œfuelโ€.
Iโ€™m sure itโ€™ll be cool. I love the look and idea of real overland rigs in general. And if I ever move from a 2%er to the upper end of a 1%er I could see having one of these toysโ€ฆmaybe.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Fish OneOnr wrote:
And this is one of the reasons why I kept away from this forum. Too much brand bashing and my favorite brand is better than your favorite brand instead of just enjoying what we have. I understand why it happens and why people do it, but I'd rather just stay away from it.

This is killing any discussion on this Forum section. Where I come from it is pretty weird.bit is killing this once vibrant section.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
RRโ€ฆ.no one cares, bud.
That is fine we are taking over the Off Road industry in the US and I am hapoy about that

lol. I think arb lockers are Aussie. Theyโ€™re pretty good. What are you taking aboot?

ARB has joined Toyota in an off road version of the Tacoma.ARB is a major sponsor of Overland Expos. Earthcruiser has joined with GM to produce an EV Hummer there are plenty of other Aussie aftermarket and Off Road companies operating in the US

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Ironically, as well, itโ€™s easy to see that the โ€œoldโ€ combative US hating Robert Ryan mustโ€™ve gotten a stern warning from the mods here. So now he just posts the same drivel, but tones down the hatred and is almost silent in his retorts.
Could teach a whole psychology course just about this forum! lol.

If your 22 than you have a lot to learn about the Global Automotive landscape. Ever wondered why US Pickups are " lifestyle Vehicles" like the Taxoma in Australia? and non existent Globally except Australia? . Your as anti non US as Shinerbrock. As a result this could be interesting sub branch of the forums has died. It used to have some pretty interesting posts. Other catergories on RV NET are still pretty vibrant. Agree with Fish One One on his commentAs a result this could be interesting sub branch of the forums has died. It used to have some pretty interesting posts. Other catergories on RV NET are still pretty vibrant. Agree with Fish One One on his comment

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Ironically, as well, itโ€™s easy to see that the โ€œoldโ€ combative US hating Robert Ryan mustโ€™ve gotten a stern warning from the mods here. So now he just posts the same drivel, but tones down the hatred and is almost silent in his retorts.
Could teach a whole psychology course just about this forum! lol.

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
RRโ€ฆ.no one cares, bud.

I have been meaning to ask this for a long time now. It is clear from all of your posts that you have an irrational hatred for the US. I have not only seen it in this forum, but other forums as well from doing a quick google search. Why is that you hate us so much and go out of your way to trash our stuff in forums on a regular basis?

LOL... Had to copy/paste your comment a few months ago and thought it was fitting in this thread. And I understand why you do this.

And this is one of the reasons why I kept away from this forum. Too much brand bashing and my favorite brand is better than your favorite brand instead of just enjoying what we have. I understand why it happens and why people do it, but I'd rather just stay away from it.

Just checked in after six months only to see nothing has changed. See ya'll in another six. Hopefully this forum will get past this by then

Ironic part is that I accidently passed up a media release about the F150 in Australia and wanted to read more about it. So, I Googled it and this thread was in the first page. I am kind of regretting that I clicked on it.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
RRโ€ฆ.no one cares, bud.

I have been meaning to ask this for a long time now. It is clear from all of your posts that you have an irrational hatred for the US. I have not only seen it in this forum, but other forums as well from doing a quick google search. Why is that you hate us so much and go out of your way to trash our stuff in forums on a regular basis?

I have seen in your posts s totally irratuonal posts of anything non US or US posters who disagree with you.

I dislike non-US things yet I drive a BMW, had several Toyota pickups over the years, and many other non-US vehicles. In fact, I am a car guy and can appreciate vehicles from every brand and one of my favorite cars is not even American.

I think you are confusing my correction of false information as me disliking things. I don't dislike vehicles from other countries, just when people post false information especially when they do just to put down my country.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Me Again wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
โ€œExcept I don't understand it, but many buy a new truck and immediately install loud exhaust, lift kits, and loud off road tires.โ€

Me eitherโ€ฆ.lol

You know what they sayโ€ฆ.
I did put a resonator on the diesel though. Straight piped was rough up the passes with a trailer behind it!
And the blue truck ainโ€™t that loud. 40s. Doesnโ€™t have enough hp to live up to anything louder.
But I did hear my kid romp on the blue truck and a couple of his buddies in their trucks, about 2 miles away thru the woods tonight! Was pretty ??

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
RobertRyan wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
RRโ€ฆ.no one cares, bud.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
RRโ€ฆ.no one cares, bud.

LOL... Had to copy/paste your comment a few months ago and thought it was fitting in this thread. And I understand why you do this.

Just checked in after six months only to see nothing has changed. See ya'll in another six. Hopefully this forum will get past this by then
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
โ€œExcept I don't understand it, but many buy a new truck and immediately install loud exhaust, lift kits, and loud off road tires.โ€

Me eitherโ€ฆ.lol

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
RobertRyan wrote:
Geo*Boy wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
Grit Dog wrote:
Well Iโ€™m like 22 years old so I still subscribe to the โ€œif itโ€™s too loud, youโ€™re too oldโ€ mantra.
Should be growing out of that phase of life here any day!
The blue truck is not that loud though. Flowmaster 40s. Itโ€™s not fast enough to be obnoxiously loud , lol.
The black one has a turbo
Between the motor and the tailpipeโ€ฆ..hahaha. Itโ€™s loud even if youโ€™re tone deaf where you canโ€™t h

Problem here you cannot modify the vehicles unless you have an engineering certificate. So the bulk of them eun around as stock

Wish we had a law like that here in the USA.

Totally agree. Safety in modifications should be a priority

I live a couple of hundred yards from a highway and sometimes have to suspend outdoor conversations due to load vehicles going by. I should not have to put up with that. I was brought up to respect others. As this world gets more and more crowded we are going to have adjust our behavior to accommodate closer neighbors. The days of Danielle Boone where he moved farther into the wildness if he could here the neighbor's dog bark are long past.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Geo*Boy wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
Grit Dog wrote:
Well Iโ€™m like 22 years old so I still subscribe to the โ€œif itโ€™s too loud, youโ€™re too oldโ€ mantra.
Should be growing out of that phase of life here any day!
The blue truck is not that loud though. Flowmaster 40s. Itโ€™s not fast enough to be obnoxiously loud , lol.
The black one has a turbo
Between the motor and the tailpipeโ€ฆ..hahaha. Itโ€™s loud even if youโ€™re tone deaf where you canโ€™t h

Problem here you cannot modify the vehicles unless you have an engineering certificate. So the bulk of them eun around as stock

Wish we had a law like that here in the USA.

Totally agree. Safety in modifications should be a priority