Link 2
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
9 REPLIES 9

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:
Ford's share of government fleet sales is in excess of 62%, and remember, those are very, very low margin sales. Bottom line profitability is a much better indicator to me (especially as an investor) than total number of trucks sold.

I think profitability for Ford trucks as been strong if you look at the recent developments they've implemented (Aluminum bodys, new engines including diesel and gas, 10 speed transmissions, mid cycle refresh, all new designs, interiors, technology, EV Lightning) compared to Ram (HD line still using old design including 1500 trucks still producing the classis models, Ram newest design 1500 is 5 years old and won't be replaced until 2025).

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
ksss wrote:
But when you compare it to GM trucks combined, then it is no longer true. It does make a great advertising line, as long as you don't look any deeper than that.

This is true for the most part.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Ford's share of government fleet sales is in excess of 62%, and remember, those are very, very low margin sales. Bottom line profitability is a much better indicator to me (especially as an investor) than total number of trucks sold.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
But when you compare it to GM trucks combined, then it is no longer true. It does make a great advertising line, as long as you don't look any deeper than that.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thermoguy wrote:
Ford is the best selling truck when you look at all trucks combined. Meaning, the F150, 250, 350, 450, 550 - then compare that to Chev 2500, 3500, etc - then compare that to GMC 2500, 3500 etc - then compare that to Ram 2500, 3500 etc.

Ram also has a 4500 and 5500 trucks.

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ford is the best selling truck when you look at all trucks combined. Meaning, the F150, 250, 350, 450, 550 - then compare that to Chev 2500, 3500, etc - then compare that to GMC 2500, 3500 etc - then compare that to Ram 2500, 3500 etc.

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been playing with the build and price for Lariat and Platinum trim levels and was very disappointed to find that I could only get the max tow package with the 5.0 engine. In the past you had to get the 3.5L to get the highest tow ratings. Now it is forbidden. I couldn't even spec out tow mirrors or locking rear axle with the 3.5L. A tow package seems to included with the hybrid but no details about it are available.

I was hoping to get a major upgrade from my 2016 Lariat but now I am not at all certain that what I want is even available.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
It's however they define the claim. Or maybe it's just trademarked now and it doesn't really matter...

Seems like this tired old argument gets dredged up every time someone posts Ford's F150 tagline. You know what would be refreshing? People refusing to take the bait.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
"Best Selling Truck for 46 Years..."

The F150, or ALL F-series trucks combined?

How do actual revenues compare? (in that Ford does a tremendous amount of fleet business, which, as we all know, are minimal profit per unit).

Not that I have allegiance to one brand or another . . . I don't even own a truck, nor will I be buying one . . . but I'd just be curious to see some real numbers where it really counts, in the gross revenue column.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress