Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which screw to calibrate the oven temp?

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
I have one of these thermostats in my RV oven.

https://partsdr.com/part/7515p046-60-gas-oven-thermostat/

Part number: 7515P046-60
It also has a number mtz 22300 stamped on it which is the same part.

I notice itโ€™s installed in alot of RV ovens.

Ive looked on the internet and am having a hard time finding adjustment info.
I found the pilot light adjust screw.

Thanks!!
7 REPLIES 7

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
groundhogy wrote:
Lol
Those are not the answers i was hoping for. But ok.
The knob doesnโ€™t look adjustable. Its the standard MajicChef/Amana type oven.
I normally have to have it set to almost broil to hold 350-375 deg, but the door seals are not so good at all. I am also going to install some aftermarket door seals as alot of heat escapes.

Definitely seal it up first as that could be the whole problem. The adjustment would be a slotted screw hole in the panel underneath the knob. Pull the knob off and loosen the screw and pivot the unit hotter or colder. But I doubt there is enough adjustment to compensate for 150 degrees variance. If there is no slot you could always remove the knob control and use a small drill and make a slot. Basically you're just repositioning the unit to cheat and line up the pre-printed knob with the actual temperatures.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe there is a way of adjusting the thermostat โ€œbulbโ€ sensor?
Or can another bulb be bought that has a different temperature setting?

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe a digital thermometer on the outside front of the door?
Drill a small pilot hole through for the probe?
Or does the probe need to go way back in?

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Lol
Those are not the answers i was hoping for. But ok.
The knob doesnโ€™t look adjustable. Its the standard MajicChef/Amana type oven.
I normally have to have it set to almost broil to hold 350-375 deg, but the door seals are not so good at all. I am also going to install some aftermarket door seals as alot of heat escapes.

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
I screwed an oven thermometer to the inside of the oven door. I usually have to set the control knob for 50-75 degrees higher. In other words, to get the oven thermometer to reach 350,I set the knob to 425. Open the door quick, no bending down, easy to read. Works for me! Just attach it where it won't interfere with the rack.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Groundhogy,
I have had to correct six ovens so far. I have never seen the calibration in the actual control - even in the one electric. But, What I have seen is a control dial that can be adjusted. If you pull the knob off and look at the back side, you will it it if it can be moved. Some don't. So, I used my label maker to make a new set of numbers and carefully placed them on the existing knob.
Matt_C
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
According to the manufacturer there is no adjustment..
The only think you can do is pop a thermometer inside the oven and try it. Set it to like 300 and see how hot it gets.. I'd "Calibrate" ever 25 degrees from 300 to 450 as those are normal baking temps or as hot as it gets.. Creat a spread sheet.

Recipe Dial

300 310
325 333

And so on

Also record the lowest settable temp
Create a peal and stick label out of the spreed sheet and stick it up.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times