cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Westinghouse 2500 with MicroAir EasyStart

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our plan is to do a fair amount of dry camping.

Somebody had recommended Westinghouse 2500, and we picked it and love it already. It would not start my 15K A/C by itself. Maybe because the trailer is brand new and the A/C is still tight?... But it no longer matters

Installed the EasyStart. ****, this systems installation is really well designed. I forgot to order installation kit, and came to regret it. I was worried about failing the smoke test after installing it, but in the end, it was no big deal.

First time I started it up, was waiting to hear the compressor start up. Didn't hear anything and was ****, I screwed it up. Of course this was after it didn't start at all... for some reason to turned off the AC breaker AND house breaker. Started feeling cold air, woohoo, this is working. Went through the 5 (did 6 for good measure) trial starts on house power. Hooked the genny up and started it again. Generator spun up and handled the AC without even blinking. With lights and radio running, was pulling just under 1700 watts. Guessing the reason I'm not longer hearing the compressor start has to do with the EasyStart.

Very satisfied with driveway test on both items.

"corrected genny mfg to Westinghouse.
9 REPLIES 9

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
It was a dealer ordered option on our 192 RBS

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Nor am I aware than Coachmen is installing anything but a 13,500 BTU Brisk II A/C on the 192RBS. :h

Last Train wrote:
I wonder if Coachmen changes their configurations based on final shipping destination.

I doubt Coachmen cares one way or the other. More likely dealers have the option to choose which size of A/C they want on their lot models, with those in southern states more likely to select a 15K over a 13.5K
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Last_Train
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Nor am I aware than Coachmen is installing anything but a 13,500 BTU Brisk II A/C on the 192RBS. :h

Our 192RBS (2016 model) came installed with a 15,000 BTU Brisk II A/C (verified with model # from Dometic). Of course, we live in the Houston area - once known as the "World's Most Air Conditioned City." For good reason, I might add.

I wonder if Coachmen changes their configurations based on final shipping destination. That is totally uninformed speculation, on my part. But certainly glad that our unit has that capacity, however, as we make good use of it when camping in warm/hot weather.
2016 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2018 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
DSteiner51 wrote:
Well worth the cost and simple to mount.

The instructions (downloaded) were incredibly clear and easy to follow. I did send a note to mfg, my wife didn't order the installation kit... because her husband forgot to tell her to order it... IF, they had a website pop up, do you want the kit, she probably would have called me.

DSteiner51
Explorer
Explorer
Yep! I had an old Coachman with a 13500 ac that my 2800 Subaru genny wouldnโ€™t start so I installed an easy start. When I bought the current 5th I didnโ€™t realize it had a 15k ac and no way, it didnโ€™t even seem to attempt... like a dead short. I installed a MicroAir and it starts easier then the 13.5k did although the running requires slightly more throttle on eco mode. Well worth the cost and simple to mount.
D. Steiner
The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
DOH!!! Sorry, it's a WESTINGHOUSE Generator

15k was a dealer ordered option, and I confirmed that is correct, it's on our invoice.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
It would not start my 15K A/C by itself. Maybe because the trailer is brand new and the A/C is still tight?

SoundGuy wrote:
You have a 15,000 BTU A/C on your new 192RBS? Really? :?

Didn't know Yamaha made an inverter series 2500 genset - what model? :h

philh wrote:
MORE POWER ARGH ARGH ARGH ๐Ÿ™‚

Model 2500? It's a sweet generator. I'm liking it so far.

You may be liking it but you still haven't told us what model you have, certainly I can't find any listing for a Yamaha 2500 model genset. :? Nor am I aware than Coachmen is installing anything but a 13,500 BTU Brisk II A/C on the 192RBS. :h

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
SoundGuy wrote:
philh wrote:
It would not start my 15K A/C by itself. Maybe because the trailer is brand new and the A/C is still tight?

MORE POWER ARGH ARGH ARGH ๐Ÿ™‚

Model 2500? It's a sweet generator. I'm liking it so far.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote: