cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

VacuFlush problems

Jamster
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everybody - I'm having NO luck on this trip. Last trip I had problems with my Vacu Flush toilet. Didn't build up enough suction for a "green light". I waited 3 months for my repair shop to take me in, and after stressing how important this issue was ( my wife and 2 girls found this unbearable ) they found no issue. After another conversation to please check it again as I found small leakage in the compartment, they said all seemed fine. I picked up my rig and of course, same issue as before. Now it's leaking in my compartment as well. I've seen videos on replacing the toilet seal and duckbills. Does anybody know what may be the issue with sewage leaking in the vacu flush compartment but also not building up enough suction for a "green light'?

BTW - I'm done with my service center after this. Problem is - hard to find a replacement in my area ! I need to be my own service technician I guess.
2016 Fleetwood Excursion 35E
3 REPLIES 3

Jamster
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks RedRollin and Dturm - I've got a mobile rv guy coming today, so I'll research these things now !
2016 Fleetwood Excursion 35E

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
Sewage in the compartment with no or little vacuum is generally caused by ruptured bellows. Decent troubleshooting guide at Marinesan. https://marinesan.com/vacuflush-trouble-shooting/. They have genuine parts, decent price, fast shipping and phone help if you need it. The repair is not all that hard. I hope yours is a later model coach that is accessible from the outside.

dturm
Had similar issues and I had to replace the vacuflush generator a few years ago. My rig is a 2008 Southwind also made by Fleetwood. It seems like the generator has a limited life span. Fleetwood did a good job placing the generator in a location that wasn't too bad to access. Other than being a messy job, it wasn't a major pain. I got parts quickly from a marine service center while we were in Gulf Shores, AL.

That part has the pump and accumulator tank and is attached by two hoses and hose clamps.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV