cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TPMS sensor faulty???

betsypupcdx
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully this will be ok to post here. My 2007 dodge caravan's low pressure light comes on, I stop and manually check tire pressure and all are fine. Tires are new less that 2000 miles on them. It was doing the same thing with the old tires intermittently.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Linda
Tye & Linda
Ch Shana's Bbonded-N-Insured UDX VER RA aka "Brinks"
Sketchbook Four the Record CD BN RN aka "Ali"
(standard schnauzers)
6 REPLIES 6

72cougarxr7
Explorer
Explorer
The dealer or any decent garage or tire shop should have the tool to check the sensors. TPMS sensors have a sealed in battery and their designed life is about 7 years. When the batteries get weak you must replace the sensor.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Are you supposed to go thru a calibration sequence after installing new tires? Check the owner's manual.

The set point of one or more sensors may be too high.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

azken
Explorer
Explorer
Suggest you take the vehicle to a reputable tire store (I use Discount Tires) and ask them to check the TPMS on each wheel..they have a device that will tell if the unit on each wheel is okay or bad..I was quoted $60.00 a wheel to replace however YMMV in Fl.

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
Did you check the spare tire pressure?

Had the "low pressure" light on my 4Runner last fall and all the tires were at full pressure. Drove home with the light on. When I got home from the trip I thought to check the spare. ...duh... ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
Most likely the sensor. Went through this with a 2005 Grand Cherokee. What a pita, all sensors now work but still get check air pressure.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Probably have to replace the sensor. Just recently had to replace one on one of our small business vans. Started with intermittent low pressure warning even though pressure was correct. Then continuous low pressure warning showing 2 psi even though tire had 78 psi.