cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Top of Slideout Not Fully Retracting

reddrum
Explorer
Explorer
I have a side slideout that the top is not fully retracting in an Eagle Cap 1160. The bottom of the slideout is making good contact with the outside seal, however the top of the slideout needs to come in an additional 1/2" - 3/4".

It seems to move normal with no unusual binding or issues, the top just fails to come in all the way. It does have a topper. If I get on a ladder and manually turn (with minimal effort) the slideout topper, the top of the slideout closes the gap to the camper.

Gear tracks on the bottom look ok, nothing on the top of the slideout, and no obvious impediments. For good measure I cleaned and waxed the sides of the slideouts which did increase the speed, but no affect on the retraction issue.

This is a Powergear style slideout with motor on the bottom back and two gear track rails with bar connecting rear track to the front.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
5 REPLIES 5

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
What year model? That is very rare. I have never seen those crack at all.

reddrum
Explorer
Explorer
Found the problem. The ears that bolt to the floor and hold the slideout tracks to the camper are cracked totally through on one bracket and starting to crack on the other bracket.

Pain in the neck, but fixable at least.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You could waste a lot of time trying to fix this problem or just get and install RV Slide Locks. Doug

https://www.amazon.com/Candado-deslizante-Rv-24-44/dp/B005658OIO/ref=asc_df_B005658OIO/?tag=hyprod-2...

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I use Harbor Freight Bar Clamps on the inside. Just reverse the end to make it a spreader.
That and a awning topper will keep the rain out.
I've had no water in the camper since installing/using both!
My camper is a 2011, so it is not new.
WNYBob

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
RV may have travelled rough roads without locking bars wedged in at the top and the slide is slightly sprung out at that top. Can be hard to fix that.