cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tiffin Schwintek motor removal

Semi_Retired_Gr
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2013 Tiffin 30GA with Schwintek slide issues - again. To manually retract the slide instructions call for removing one retainer screw and lifting the motor. Sounds easy until one tries to access the motor(s). Is this possible without removing some of the slide trim? A little guidance will be very much appreciated.
Gary & Liesel
Cocoa, our Chocolate Lab companion
2013 Tiffin 30 GA
2004 Honda Element Toad
3 REPLIES 3

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
On my rig (which is only a couple of years older than yours) Schwintek had not yet started putting the slot in the rails to remove the motors. I had to remove two motors over the years because of broken wires. I could have detached the entire slide(s) and pushed them out to remove the motors, but I cut the frames thereby duplicating the later Schwintek slides.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
On a Tiffin, to access the retainer screw, you MUST remove the vertical painted trim on the outside. There are only about 6 or seven screws. remove them use a razor knife to cut the silicone sealed edge and remove the trim. You then look at the upper rubber seal and you will see a small hole and insert screwdriver and unscrew. You have to do BOTH front and rear. IF you have access to 3 or 4 people, just unplug both motors from the slide controller and once this is done, you can manually push the room in. It is hard but can be done. Have 2 outside and 2 inside Pushing outside and pulling inside. Doug

PS, you HAVE to remove that retainer screw from the outside. That screw keeps the motor from lifting up. Also, on a Tiffin, the motor only removes from the INSIDE.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Can be removed from inside or outside. See this for a lot of information. Yes it's long...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxEYSstvICI
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob