cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Television won't pick up the cable channels

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
For some reason my TV refuses to pick up the cable at the park I'm in. It's good signal at the post because it was checked. Not sure if it's my cable I use to hook up to it yet. Yes, the antenna booster is off. Just frustrating minor glitches that have to be too easy to fix but.....Oh well, off to the store tomorrow.
14 REPLIES 14

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Fixed. It took a new TV and some new cable and a direct connection as someone here suggested. The Furrion had problems even though it still received fuzzy channels....although it could still be me. Thanks for all the help and ideas.

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Well if it's a 5 year old other than Element someone suggested hooking direct from the park to the TV (not using the cables in the RV) I had to do that at one park.

NOW.. there is also the chance (Unless you already checked it) The park has a problem.

And one more that I have seen is a poorly dressed coax cable.. When they put the connector on (Sloppy job usually) they cut the center pin too short so it fails to make contact withsome connectors.. I've re-dressed many cables.

Furrion does not have a QAM tuner. Junk TVs and Furriob is now owned by Lippert, which is why the RV manufacturers use them. Advertised as

"Furrion offers a wide range of HD and 4K UHD LED TVs designed for use in RV, camper, marine or home. The energy-efficient 12 Volt and AC powered televisions offer excellent picture quality and are road-ready, built to handle vibrations and extreme temperatures."

LOL.....overpriced junk.

From the Furrion specs.

Broadcasting
Analog: NTSC
Digital: ATSC

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well if it's a 5 year old other than Element someone suggested hooking direct from the park to the TV (not using the cables in the RV) I had to do that at one park.

NOW.. there is also the chance (Unless you already checked it) The park has a problem.

And one more that I have seen is a poorly dressed coax cable.. When they put the connector on (Sloppy job usually) they cut the center pin too short so it fails to make contact withsome connectors.. I've re-dressed many cables.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, the TV is a Furrion and only 5 years old. Bought the trailer in '17 new. Been through the air/cable source and rescan procedure. Even OTA is bad. We are in Myrtle Beach and evidently they don't have good OTA here...I don't know. I can't even find a dumb TV to replace it...all the new smart TV's need internet/wi-fi. I'm an old dog and I guess don't understand why it's so hard to just hook up the cable to the TV and get a picture. There is always the chance the TV is kaput too.

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
And as I said ELEMENT TV's won't pick up Cable TV.

Also.... Some cable systems are encrypted. no STB (Set Top Box) NO TV
The one I'm watching now is that way.

If the park advertises they have cable TV and it requires a STB, you would think they would provide one? Or do you need to carry a compartment full of misc STBs compatible with the cable systems wherever you camp? For all we know the OP may have a 1962 Magnavox console.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
And as I said ELEMENT TV's won't pick up Cable TV.

Also.... Some cable systems are encrypted. no STB (Set Top Box) NO TV
The one I'm watching now is that way.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
TURN THE ANTENNA OFF (the wall plate with the switch, light, antenna connector and 12 volt outlet.. TURN IT OFF)

He said he did that in his first post...

Other than checking the TV input settings and such, get a cable long enough to go from the post to the tv and plug it in directly. Then see what happens.

That will eliminate the RV's cabling setup and then you can go from there.

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
wa8yxm wrote:
There are three thigns
Also if you are feeding the Park cable inlet on your RV.
1: TURN THE ANTENNA OFF (the wall plate with the switch, light, antenna connector and 12 volt outlet.. TURN IT OFF)

Start with this.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are three thigns
First is the TV set to CABLE or ANTENNA
second is the TV old enough to not undstandard Digital Cable
Third is the Cable signal "Encrypted'

Oh and 4: Element tv's... don't do digital cable at all. (only broadcast)
Last TV made in the USA and it only did NTSC and ATSC (Analog and digital brodcast) No QAM (Dicital cable).

Also if you are feeding the Park cable inlet on your RV.
1: TURN THE ANTENNA OFF (the wall plate with the switch, light, antenna connector and 12 volt outlet.. TURN IT OFF)

2nd: if someone re-wired for Sat TV you need to restore Factory config.

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
If the campground has digital cable, your TV must have a QAM tuner.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
mockturtle wrote:
Make sure your TV input is set to 'cable' rather than 'air'.

X2. Source set to cable and rescan.

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure your TV input is set to 'cable' rather than 'air'.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Changed channel source and rescanned?
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Ken if it is good at the post I would try a different cable to your rig. If that doesn't work try bypassing your rigs wires by going directly to the tv.