cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suspension issue, 2021 Rockwood ultra lite

Spade_Cooley
Explorer
Explorer
I am broken down in Nebraska City. One front (tandem axels) tire on my new travel trailer is bent outward and the tire has worn down to the cord. I did hit one pot hole but nothing in the suspension was struck and it didn't do any visible damage. I think their must be some kind of torsion bar within the axel that broke. The other tires are fine and the bearings seem OK. Do you think its possible to replace a part in one side or am I stuck getting a new axel? The tire is shot. I could not even move the rig to a dealer and local mechanics now have my trailer but are willing to work on it. I had to return home and await the word from the repair crew as they forward pictures to the RV people today to decide what I need.
3 REPLIES 3

Spade_Cooley
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Dexter TorFlex axles under those trailers.
You need to verify the weight rating from the axle and then decide whether to replace it yourself or call a mobile mechanic to do it.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
You are better off with a local mechanic, skip the over-priced dealer.

Replacing an axle is a simple job and any mechanic will have no problem. I would guess that you bent the spindle portion of the axle and complete replacement is not expensive and the best fix.

Axles can be purchased at places other than RV dealers, shop by price.