cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SeeLevel II tank monitoring system

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
has anyone installed this system and use it for a bit. looking at feed back on how it is. SeeLevel tank montoring system

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100
6 REPLIES 6

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Being able to reuse the original wiring when installing the sensors and display makes the job relatively easy as long as there's ready access to the tank walls.

this part isn't so much of a concern as my camper I bought had no monitoring system whats so ever for batteries or holding tanks. so all the wiring I will have to run and such. the tanks are all exposed so easy to put the sensors on. my main concern was how well these lasted.

Steve

If your tanks are close enough together, one of the nice things about the SeeLevel II system is that you only need a single wire plus a ground point to connect all of the tanks except propane. The single wire can be daisy chained from one sensor to the next and on to the monitor. Each sensor is configured to identify the tank it's installed on. The propane tank does need its own wire though since it uses the OEM sending unit.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ve had a SeeLevel II since 2009 and itโ€™s worked flawlesslyโ€ฆIt typically reads in 4% increments and is very reliable, which serves to avoid making unnecessary trips to the RV dump stationโ€ฆAs mostly an off-grid camper, the next best thing to having larger tanks - I wouldnโ€™t be without itโ€ฆ

3 tons

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Being able to reuse the original wiring when installing the sensors and display makes the job relatively easy as long as there's ready access to the tank walls.

this part isn't so much of a concern as my camper I bought had no monitoring system whats so ever for batteries or holding tanks. so all the wiring I will have to run and such. the tanks are all exposed so easy to put the sensors on. my main concern was how well these lasted.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Are these compatible with the newer tablet style control panels? The one connect system in our FW seems pretty integrated and not sure how the readings would tie back to the display/control. Or do you remove the wiring from the stock display and install a stand alone one with the SL unit? And what if you have 2 grey tanks?
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
I've installed the SeeLevel system in 2 mh. It's not very hard to install and a huge improvement over the 1/3-2/3-full.
A 1/3 reading on a 30 gal. tank can be almost 10 gal. or almost empty.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I've installed and used a SeeLevel II tank level monitoring system on each of the three motorhomes we've owned since 2005. The reliability and accuracy of the percentage readings is far superior to the "Empty,1/3,2/3,Full" KIB type systems common to many RV's. The external sensors don't get clogged up or coated with anything to cause misreadings as the "screw through the tank wall" sensors can. Being able to reuse the original wiring when installing the sensors and display makes the job relatively easy as long as there's ready access to the tank walls.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate