cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sailswitch location

scottsnider
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 HiLo trailer and my heater is not working, blows air but no heat, worked good last year but not now. what I am looking for is PICTURES of where to look for the sailswitch. I have tried YouTube and they tell how to fix it but not where its as to even see it. If I can see where it is I can decide to either do myself or get a pro. I believe its a suburban and its a small trailer only 22 ft s the heater is not large. I hope someone can help me with PICTURES.
Thank you, this webpage has always been helpful in the past I hope you guys can come through again for me.
Scott
15 REPLIES 15

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
And check the unit for the blinking light, this is a code telling you whats wrong. I belive your furnace has this.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Sjm9911 wrote:
Just note last time someone had thos problem on the pop up site, the reset switch was bad. So you can also check that to see if the power is getting through. But if the fan is working, it probably is getting power. There is also a limit switch on these also. So , if its not the sail switch it could be the limit switch. Not sure if the fan would work if it trips or not. Usally its a sail switch. While you have it apart, good idea to clean the flue and make sure there are no obstructions in the vent pipe.

Regardless, you have to pull the furnace to do a thorough check of the limit and sail switch. The fan will run regardless of a Bad Sail or Limit switch. His older model does NOT have a fan shut down when there is a failure to ignite. It is always a good idea to replace the Limit switch on an older Furnace, when repairing the furnace. Doug

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Just note last time someone had thos problem on the pop up site, the reset switch was bad. So you can also check that to see if the power is getting through. But if the fan is working, it probably is getting power. There is also a limit switch on these also. So , if its not the sail switch it could be the limit switch. Not sure if the fan would work if it trips or not. Usally its a sail switch. While you have it apart, good idea to clean the flue and make sure there are no obstructions in the vent pipe.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
If you watch the vid I posted , you need to remove the unit, and the switch is on the bottom right hand side of the unit.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.

rrupert
Explorer
Explorer
Try getting on the https://www.hilotrailerforum.com/ and posing your question. Give your year and model of your Hi-Lo.
Rich and Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

Amateur Radio K3EXU

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
You can find a clearly labeled diagram here: https://pdxrvwholesale.com/products/atwood-hydroflame-furnace-model-7916-ii-tune-up-kit
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

scottsnider
Explorer
Explorer
SJM9911 I tried that a few times.

scottsnider
Explorer
Explorer

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
https://youtu.be/xAI5y3pt6Rc
Not my vid, also, try the reset switch on the unit.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Check the fan, I've seen them get so much dirt on the blades that it couldn't move much air.

Explorer II
Explorer II
Use the below link to post a pic. Copy the code it generates and paste it in your post as written.

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=1
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

scottsnider
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your comments, I checked today and its an Atwood Furnace and I took some pics to but I have never been able to get them to work on this page, in fact I have tried to add them here and nothing it just will not click an post, but that is another issue. Atwood 7916-11

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is mounted out front next to the blower motor so the wind from the vanes activates the switch. I recently replaced the time delay relay, a four wire relay mounted on the end of the blower motor, to fix my unit. It was not letting the power get to the electronic board that signals the burner to ignite. This is an older Suburban SF 35 unit so the technology might be more advanced than mine.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the heaters have a light that flashes a code, telling you whats wrong with it. Look for that also.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.