cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Running in Parralel / Generators

TheOneRLP
Explorer
Explorer
Went on our first camping trip with our Cruiser Fun Finder X-189FBS.
Camp had water with no electrical hookups.
Learned we need to get a generator to run everything.
Question: I Have a Yamaha EF2000iS Inverter Generator- Runs very well and quiet!

Thinking about buying a Yamaha 2200 EF2200iSZ to run in parallel with the 2000.

?? Would this work and take care of my power requirements??
??Anything I need to watch out for running these in parallel?

Thank you so much in advance ????
Rick
19 REPLIES 19

TheOneRLP
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your help

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I have one Honda EU2200i. It will run my A/C just fine, although I have added a Micro Air Easy start a year or so after buying the gen.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Boomerweps wrote:
WHAT T F is THAT replying to? Made me curious so I looked back through this thread and saw no previous rudeness or even negativity.

I think it refers to a post that got edited to remove the negativity.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
TheOneRLP wrote:
By the way, Just sold my Yamaha 2000 for $1,000,

WOW! That was fast.

Congrats on a quick sale

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
TheOneRLP wrote:
Whatโ€™s the need to be rude and condescending here, with someone thatโ€™s simply just looking for help? Really? I initially thought this site might actually be helpful without the caustic inputโ€ฆ

WHAT T F is THAT replying to? Made me curious so I looked back through this thread and saw no previous rudeness or even negativity. Finding slights where there is none, all glory be to victimhood, even in a simple camping forum.
This is the wild, wild internet, time to toughen up, and suck it up, buttercup.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

TheOneRLP
Explorer
Explorer
Whatโ€™s the need to be rude and condescending here, with someone thatโ€™s simply just looking for help? Really? I initially thought this site might actually be helpful without the caustic inputโ€ฆ

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
mlts22 wrote:
I know that Champion allows one to parallel different sized generators. Check the manual to make sure, but having a 5500 watt model and a 2000 watt model can give enough headroom not just for the A/C and running the microwave, but one can turn off one of the generators, for less fuel use.

OP already bought his new gennys. Although a total of 7500W capacity is enough headroom to run the AC, microwave, and a small welder or maybe the neighbors AC too!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Different brands and power can parallel as long as they have the ports. There are some vids out there where parallel can happen even without the ports.
Don't believe me? Do your research.
Puma 30RKSS

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I know that Champion allows one to parallel different sized generators. Check the manual to make sure, but having a 5500 watt model and a 2000 watt model can give enough headroom not just for the A/C and running the microwave, but one can turn off one of the generators, for less fuel use.

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
TheOneRLP wrote:
Didnโ€™t say I was an expert! And yes my trailer has two axles. After speaking directly with Yamaha I was told I possibly could run my current Yamaha with an EF2200iS but there might be some complications. Iโ€™m not looking for complications so I got a deal on a Yamaha EF2200iS combo to run in parallel to power my AC, Microwave, Lights, Furnace, Waterpump, Fridge/Freezer without problem.

Got some kind responses that were appreciated greatly, the there was yoursโ€ฆ..figured thereโ€™d be one hostile pompous response in the group.

Depending on the size of your AC, you should only need to parallel the generators to run that. Everything else should run fine with just 1 generator. Someone asked what size of AC you have, you might not need 2 generators to run your AC...

TheOneRLP
Explorer
Explorer
By the way, Just sold my Yamaha 2000 for $1,000, which was more than I paid for one of the EF2200โ€™s.

TheOneRLP
Explorer
Explorer
After speaking directly with Yamaha I was told I possibly could run my current Yamaha with an EF2200iS but there might be some complications. Iโ€™m not looking for complications so I got a deal on a Yamaha EF2200iS combo to run in parallel to power my AC, Microwave, Lights, Furnace, Waterpump, Fridge/Freezer without problem.

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:
Boomerweps wrote:
I have a honda 2000 that I bought a champion 2000 to parallel with.

Have you researched paralleling different brands of generators together?
I didn't think dis-similar brands could be paralleled.

Iโ€™ve researched enough for me to think itโ€™s safe.
Of course all the generator makers say you must buy our brand generator to parallel, but have no videos of mixed brand fireballs or even a little magic smoke departing.
I have watched several videos of parallel electric inverter generators of mixed brands and ratings.
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
TheOneRLP wrote:
Thank you everyone! I spoke with Yamaha support and they said Iโ€™d need to parallel my current generator Yamaha EF2000iS with the same model unit to keep things from getting very complicated and difficult.
Will be selling my Yamaha EF2000iS and buying two Yamaha generators (same model) to facilitate addressing power needs for my camp trailer.
Thanks again for your help!!!

Good luck, hope it all works as desired.
Honda does a similar deal pushing their companion paralleling generator but the companion one has a 30TT output that the normal generator does not have.