cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rain- X in the shower?

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone here used Rain- X on their fiberglass or plastic shower walls? Did it work okay?
2008 Damon Tuscany 4076 40' Diesel Pusher
25 REPLIES 25

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Works great on the glass in the shower. Just don't use it on anything plastic.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Rain-x saved my bacon some years back. I was coming up I-5 and had a wiper motor failure. It was raining buckets. I was able to get off at a truck stop and got under their gas pump overhang, then went in and bought a bottle of it. Applied as directed and finished the 150 miles and the rain would just blow off the windshield I could see perfect. Ever since then, I always carry a bottle in the rig. Might try it on the shower in a safe spot first to see how it works.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wax the inside of the toilet after every trip, using Gel Gloss. It keeps the toilet a lot cleaner during the trip. That is all I am going to say about this. But trust me, it makes a big difference.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

chindog
Explorer
Explorer
We use Tilex Daily Shower. My wife insists on it. It really cuts down on the maintenance, and is a whole lot easier than waxing the shower. You just spray it on the walls after the last shower of the day. You don't have to wipe it off. It keeps the shower clean.
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad

srd357
Explorer
Explorer
Once a year, quality automotive paste wax in the shower bathroom sink and the toilet. Makes cleanup real easy. Sense I replaced my roof with PVC membrane, I even wax my roof.

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
paddykernahan wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Seriously, you guys wax your showers!!?? Yawl really have too much time on your hands.

I wax to toilet bowl but never considered the shower.
I will have to try waxing the shower.

Purple font= sarcasm

As God is my witness I didnโ€™t know I could shower in the toilet. I thought that was one of those biddit things. ๐Ÿ˜„
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.

paddykernahan
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Seriously, you guys wax your showers!!?? Yawl really have too much time on your hands.

I wax to toilet bowl but never considered the shower.
I will have to try waxing the shower.

Purple font= sarcasm

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a "wet bath," which means we have to wipe down the walls every evening after we shower. It is not easy, but we have no choice -- the trailer is so small that there is no room for a separate shower.

I tried waxing the walls -- it did not seem to make much of a difference in getting the walls dry.

But I discovered that a silicone squeegee really wipes off a lot of moisture. It is then a lot easier to use an old towel to fully dry the walls.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using Rain-X for at least 20 years on multiple vehicles and NEVER experienced wiper blade problems. In fact just the opposite is true. Wiper blades last much longer on the vehicles with Rain-X on the windshield. It does have a chemical odor during application, but ONLY during application.

I have ruined plastic headlights with Rain-X, and like the wax idea for the shower.

On edit: Rain-X makes a variety products. Perhaps centerline and I are talking about different ones. I'm referring to the original product that is applied to the windshield with plenty of elbow grease, and lasts for months.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
Tilex Daily Shower spray works also.
x2 The glass door on mine gets really awful looking, even using a daily squeegee. I find an SOS pad does the trick.
fj12ryder wrote:
And water spots are bad for the plastic?
No,they're bad for your eyes.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Seon
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:

You guys take showers?? Yep, too much time on your hands :S j/k :B

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
And water spots are bad for the plastic?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

dreamer
Explorer
Explorer
F11 is better. ๐Ÿ™‚
'07 HR Scepter - 400HP
'02 Tracker
'02 Honda Reflex
'16 Chevy Silverado - M&G Brake System
'17 RZR 900 Trail
'17 RZR 1000 High Lifter

How does it feel
To be on your own
With no direction home
Like a complete unknown
Like a rolling stone? - Bob Dylan

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Wiping down the shower after every use keeps water spots from forming.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/