Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane Pigtails

EagleScout-USA
Explorer
Explorer
Good evening,
I have a 2015 Jayco 26BHS. A smell and soap test reveals leaking propane at each pigtail connection to the dual propane cylinders. The regulator is a Cavonga Group Double Stage Low Pressure Automatic Changeover Regulator. The factory line is Cavanga flexible hose with Back Check Max WP 350PSI Cat #2 18CE. Considering they have both failed, looking at an alternative replacement to that model is what I have in mind.

Assistance and guidance is needed in purchasing replacements. The current connector is not inverted. The opening at the end of the pigtail measures at 6/32 of an inch. A brass circumference of about 2/32 of an inch runs around the opening. This appears to be less than the visuals I am getting from the replacements that I am looking at. The holes seem wider. Inside of the regulator itself, there also appears to be a smaller opening that lines with the smaller opening on the hose. I was looking at options on Amazon; however, wasn't sure if there were negative implications of having a wider opening on the pigtail than the accepting opening on the regulator. I would appreciate any thoughts and direction. Heading out Friday morning, and didn't know I had an issue until just now. Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

Traver8
Explorer
Explorer
The Cavagna regulator most likely has 1/4" NPT female threads on the ports. The hoses you need would have 1/4" NPT Male threaded ends. The other major choice is the inverted flare which I do not believe will fit your Cavagna regulator. The only other info you need is the length, think about what you have and if you are happy with that length then just duplicate it or go to the next longer size. Best not to go shorter to avoid connection issues.

Don't forget to buy some yellow teflon tape for the threaded connections.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had to replace one pigtail on a 2 year old trailer. It was leaking and emptied both tanks, and never even threw the flag, so the regulator got replaced too.

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
they sell replacement pigtails...google for a replacement...not hard
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
find a good pp shop and they,ll fix it up .

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
If it's not the O rings then remove what you can or take the RV to a propane shop for replacement.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried new seals?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE