cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Power awning partially extended

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
First off it turns out i have been over extending my awning. Finally read the instructions and you want "the valance rope at the top of the roller tube". Its too windy to check, but im pretty sure if i hold the button until the awning stops that was over extended. Because i remember water pooling there while cleaning. What a rookie mistake.

Question is do you see any problem having the awning extended only 2 feet out? That helps cool my trailer when its too windy to have it fully extended. I cant really see a reason why this is bad.

Another thing i found interesting was their cleaning method. Its 1/4 cup dish soap, 1/4 cup bleach, into 5 gal water. Part i thought was cool is they say drench the awning and then roll it up and let soak for 5 minutes.
3 REPLIES 3

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I hardly ever extend mine all the way it. It is a long way out there. They told me the valance should hang straight down when fully extened.

I usually extend mine 2 to 3' only. If rain comes, put the awning in and also put it in every night.

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
No problem 2 feet out unless there's a wicked wind. I do it to keep the rain off the entrance steps. I would use that cleaning formula in a pump weed sprayer, let it sit a bit, push a lightweight mop around on the top and bottom and then rinse off.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I partly extend my awning often but wind is an awningโ€™s enemy. Be careful.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad