cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norcold n8x question

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I tried to reset this defrost cycle on my fridge. I read that the auto defrost cycle can be reset if I shut the refer, ground power off and disconnect the house batteries at the disconnect switch. My aim is to reset the internal defrost cycle to 0 and keep the thing at the normal cooling range. So after disconnecting all the above I pushed the on pad and it started, on propane, no 110 volt because the ground power is off. Apparently I don't understand the procedure here. Do I have to disconnect the ground at the house batteries, or does the chassis battery supply 12 volt power to this thing. Maybe I misunderstood and have it all wrong. Wouldn't be the fist time!!!
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!
2 REPLIES 2

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got it. Thanks Doug.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The Norcold defrost cycle is VERY SIMPLE. When the refer is left ON, every 48 to 54 hours, the refer will shut off for a few hours. NO HEATER is involved. This just allows ice accumulation on the evap fins to thaw and drain off. You will never know this happens. To STOP this cycle is simple. You just turn the refer OFF for 5 seconds and then turn it back ON. Every day. Each time you do this, the 48 to 54 hour timer resets. The reason for this auto defrost is, ICE on the evap fins is a insulator and with ICE, the refer cannot remove the heat efficiently. This has NOTHING to do with the freezer. The freezer you still have to manually defrost. Doug