cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold mod 6162

Leo_Renaldo
Explorer
Explorer
You can have the temp slide all the way down to number one and it still freezes everything I have to turn it completely off 12 hours a day to avoid freezing milk or water... How could I repair this... norcold mod 6162
3 REPLIES 3

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
The thermistor is the temp sensor that the thermostat uses to control cooling cycles

The thermistor plugs into the UPPER control/display board...runs over the top of fridge, down backside and then enters food compartment where it is attached to a fin with a small clip.

The thermistor MUST be in contact with the FIN
If not...it will cause over-cooling due to lack of temp sensing.

If thermistor IS attached to FIN then it is no longer functioning and that causes over-cooling regardless of thermostat slider position.

Thermistor part number (same thermistor for all 60/6000 Series)
Norcold 61693822

Unfortunately it is no longer available
So best option is 'Snip-The-Tip' sensor replacement
Snip-The-Tip Replacement

600/6000 Series Manual

PARTS
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Verify that the thermistor cable is securely plugged into circuit board.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Leo Renaldo wrote:
You can have the temp slide all the way down to number one and it still freezes everything I have to turn it completely off 12 hours a day to avoid freezing milk or water... How could I repair this... norcold mod 6162

Most likely needs a new thermistor. When they fail they can cause full time cooling. Itโ€™s the little part that clips onto the fins in the fridge compartment. Under $20 on Amazon.