cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold Fridge Door Falling Off "fix"

ArcticFox_Cats
Explorer
Explorer
I have tried searching here for how to remove your Norcold Refrigerator door in order to add a metal bracket at the bottom hinge, in order for the door not to fall off.
There is a plastic piece that goes over the top hinge, that contains the electronic controls for the door.
IF you have made this fix to your door, could you please explain HOW you removed the door.
Thank you for your help.
Lura
'19 Nash (Northwood Mft) 22H
'07 2500 GMC Sierra HD, CC, 4x4, 3.73s, LongBed Duramax,
Equalizer, Enkay Mudflaps
'13 Polaris RZR 800cc
"A bird is a bird. A fish is a fish. A Dog is a Person."
6 REPLIES 6

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ava wrote:
My fridge is different brand but my lower pin that the door swings on is threaded and can be unscrewed to remove door.

From that picture above and what I saw on YouTube, the top pin on the Norcold looks to be threaded. Put a wrench on that hex โ€œboltโ€ on the top pin.

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
My fridge is different brand but my lower pin that the door swings on is threaded and can be unscrewed to remove door.

ArcticFox_Cats
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Like Tom said, you should have a spacer under the hinge. I had to add them to our new fridge and ended up with a 1/4" X 1/4" nylon washer under the hinge pin for both doors.

It's beyond comprehension why Norcold keeps sending these out this was year after year.

Scott: HOW did you get the door off? Thanks. Lura
And I will never understand WHY they don't fix this problem at the factory, either!!
'19 Nash (Northwood Mft) 22H
'07 2500 GMC Sierra HD, CC, 4x4, 3.73s, LongBed Duramax,
Equalizer, Enkay Mudflaps
'13 Polaris RZR 800cc
"A bird is a bird. A fish is a fish. A Dog is a Person."

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Reminds me of what a waitress quipped in a greasy spoon long ago.

"Yeah the fried chicken batter is too hard and it's too salty...

...but they keep ordering it"

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Like Tom said, you should have a spacer under the hinge. I had to add them to our new fridge and ended up with a 1/4" X 1/4" nylon washer under the hinge pin for both doors.

It's beyond comprehension why Norcold keeps sending these out this was year after year.

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
There should be a plastic/nylon washer between the bottom hinge and the bottom of the door. If this is worn or missing the top door hinge pin will not fully engage the top hinge and the door will fall off the fridge.
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L