Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Rockwood Suburban Water Heater Not Lighting

Nathanbates114
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everyone,
My wife and I just bought a new 2023 Rockwood TT. So far we're off to a bad start. The first day we got it home, the slide out failed and it had to go to the shop for 2 weeks. We got it back a couple of days ago and are currently using it. Now the water heater won't work. A couple of times when igniting, it looked like it was going to work but quickly went out. At first I thought there was just some air in the gas line but after trying to run it 10-15 times without it working, I know that is not the issue. My guess is that the burner orifice is blocked or dirty. Whats the best way to clean it? Or does anyone have any advice on what the issue could be? This thing is brand new so I'm guessing it's something simple. Thanks in advance.
-Nate
8 REPLIES 8

Mike_Tassinari
Explorer
Explorer
To 3 Tons

The two devices are NOT reset buttons under that rubber covering.
One is the Thermostat and is a fixed setting.
The other is the high limit switch.

Neither one is "Resetable"

Mike
2002 Ford-4x4-Extended Cab-Dually-Lariet-Powerstroke Diesel--4.10 gears--Ranchero Adjustable Shocks-55 Gallon Extended Fuel Tank--4 Extra Main Leaf Springs-1 Extra Helper Spring..Independant Second Altinator(100AMP)to Charge MY Twin 275 AH. Deep Cycle Battery Bank tucked under the truck bed....

2001 Lance-11&1/2 Ft.-Model 1121/slide/out with all the Toys&2000 Watt Inverter

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
Nathanbates114 wrote:
Nvm, the problem has been solved. I had my wife turn on the propane yesterday and she opened it, just not all the way. ??????? Oh well, just glad it was an easy fix.
Propane valves detect large sudden flow and shut down for safety. Hence open slow - thinking DW wins this one. Open the valve fully.

The reason to open L.P. tank valve fully is that there is a seal that prevents valve stem leaking when full open.

evanrem
Explorer II
Explorer II
For future has issues, we always light the stove to ensure all is working when troubleshooting gas issues.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Also note that thereโ€™s two reset buttons that have a rubberized coveringโ€ฆ

3 tons

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Only 1 item and 2 weeks? You are off to a good start. My new 04 RV had 72. My current used RV took 3 weeks for them to fix everything before I took delivery.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nathanbates114 wrote:
Nvm, the problem has been solved. I had my wife turn on the propane yesterday and she opened it, just not all the way. ??????? Oh well, just glad it was an easy fix.
Propane valves detect large sudden flow and shut down for safety. Hence open slow - thinking DW wins this one. Open the valve fully.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Nathanbates114
Explorer
Explorer

Nathanbates114
Explorer
Explorer
Also, I'm getting a small flame almost every time, right next to the orifice that I immediately blow out.