cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need Battery Upgrade Advise

bdosborn
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking around for a new set of batteries to replace my failing Deka golf cart batteries. Has anybody heard of C&D batteries?

On closer look, they have a little bit of lead sulphate slough.

But I can definitely get plenty of amp-hr capacity:

Voltage drop wont be a problem, there's plenty of cable capacity. They come with 4 sets of 600 kcmil cables:

What do you think, should I pull the trigger on these? I'm not sure I have enough PV capacity to charge them, anybody know about what the C8 capacity of the string should be? It will carry 750kW for 10 minutes.

Bruce
2010 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
Custom Frame, Poptop, AC, Espar Diesel Furnace, HW Heater, Sink, Shower, 12V-120V, LED Lights, TV and XM Radio, DVD Player, 300W PV Panels, PD 9140 Charger, Tongue Box, Filon Exterior, 1000W Generator, Patient Wife
Boxcar Build
5 REPLIES 5

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Couldn't resist after I posted above I just HAD to chase down the link...

http://www.cdtechno.com/market/telecom.html

More coming in a few minutes...

Very unlikely these batteries are NOT calcium/calcium

Batteryuniversity.com I believe covers this issue.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
They sure look like calcium calcium telecommunications batteries. Find out. C/C batteries are designed for low maintenance very seldom used, with a recommended discharge level of 80% remaining. Discharge C/C batteries to 50% regularly and you are going to discover an entirely new meaning for the phrase "I blew it"

This is assuming the batteries really are Calcium/Calcium. I wouldn't touch a used C/C battery even if they cost $20.00 each.

If they are lead antimony at least 5% antimony then they could deserve a hard look.

JMHO

dclark1946
Explorer
Explorer
These will become the new standard for high energy users.

Dick
Dick & Karen
Richardson,TX
2017 KZ Spree 263RKS
09 F250 V10

mena661
Explorer
Explorer
BFL13 wrote:
Go for it! ๐Ÿ™‚ Who cares about tongue weight anyway?
LOL! Do it!

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go for it! ๐Ÿ™‚ Who cares about tongue weight anyway?
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.