cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lippert Slide Out

Stude55Dog
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 07 Raptor Toy Hauler, Model RP3712, 3 slide outs. The BR and sofa,dinette slide go in and out normally. The slide with stove and refrg does not go in and out. The frig slide moves ever so slightly when switch is pushed for in or out. Have attached a picture of tracks (2) that are underneath the slide. The pump sounds as if it is pushing fluid to the ram but it seems bound in some way. I think the roller shaft that has small gear to move on main track is seized in some way. Anyone every experienced this problem before and if so what was cure. When looking at how to remove shaft to see if it is seized, not sure where to start. Appreciate any suggestions or cures. Thanks
[I[/IMG]MG]
10 REPLIES 10

Stude55Dog
Explorer
Explorer
Dougrainer that is the cyclinder for pushing the slide out. I will the take the undercover off this weekend and see what I find. Thanks for the info, good stuff, I appreciate it.

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
The hydraulic ram is probably on the other end of the slide, like mine is. When you push the switch to bring the slide in, does it sound like it's shorting out? The reason I ask is because I had that problem this past summer. My large slide would only come in if I went to the hydraulic pump and used that switch to bring in the slide. It turned out to be the converter went bad and the mobile tech went to the batteries and moved the positive cable into a different position as I had the solar and volt meter positive cables on the same post. He made sure that the positive cable from the battery was on the bottom of the pile. The slide works great now. Just another thought on your problem.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

byronlj
Explorer
Explorer
I see that Doug is right. Looking at your picture I see that is not a hydraulic cylinder. Unhook the motor assembly and try the gear packs and the motor separately to see which one is the culprit.
Dave
byronlj
2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3800RL

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
From your pic, that is not a Hydraulic room slide. On your pic, to the far right is a black shiny round tube/cylinder. IS THAT the ram for pushing the room in and out? If so, that is an electric ram, not a hydraulic ram. It has a motor at the other end and odds are it is bad. This is what it should look like. Doug

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/assemblies/Slideouts/2.5_x_2.5_Electric_Through_Frame_Sl...

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Loosen the nut that holds the gear shaft. That will let the shaft turn in the bracket. If the slide moves, you have proven the point.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Ralph Cramden wrote:
timmac wrote:
After the find the problem and fix it oil those gears, they are not only very dry but also rusty..

I would put my money on that is the root of the problem to begin with.

X2.

Those look BAD !! Get some wire brushing going on, then follow with some lube... I bet the shaft that the gear is located is binding due to all that rust...
Make sure you use something that will NOT attract dust/dirt/debris.... I use Slip Plate because I have it laying around
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
timmac wrote:
After the find the problem and fix it oil those gears, they are not only very dry but also rusty..

I would put my money on that is the root of the problem to begin with.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

timmac
Explorer
Explorer

byronlj
Explorer
Explorer
If the gear pack was jammed, the hydraulic cylinder would shred the teeth off it immediately. I know that from experience.
I would try isolating the problem between mechanical and hydraulic. Try disconnecting the cylinder rod from the slide out room. Take a large crescent wrench and try turning the square bar that runs between your gear packs. If you cannot move the gear packs you have a mechanical restriction. If the room moves in or out with the wrench, look for hydraulic problems. To further diagnose these problems, look online for "Hydraulic Lippert Slideout Manual".
Dave
byronlj
2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3800RL

Stude55Dog
Explorer
Explorer

Not sure how this picture copy and paste here works?