cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LED's not working

John_Burke
Explorer
Explorer
Need to set up the scenario so bear with me. I have a 1983 Terry Taurus TT. It has sat in the same spot for 5 1/2 years, used a lot. I have kept 2 wet cell deep cycle battery's on it. I have a 60 watt 12 volt solar charger and a 400 12 volt wind charger on it. If for some reason there is not enough sun and wind (not very often), I have a 2 kw generator. I do not have any problems keeping everything running and I use it year around, even down into the -20's in the winter (no I do not wet it up).
This past spring I started replacing the incandescent 1156 bulbs with 1156 automotive LED bulbs from Walmart. Have replaced 8 of them now and they really work well.
I am now building a cabin to replace the camper. I am going to use the stove, fridge, furnace, lights and whatever else I need from the camper.
Early this week I pulled two of the light fixtures from the TT and put in the cabin using a wet cell deep cycle battery. Put the LED's in the light and they did not work, put the incandescent back in and they worked. Thought I broke the LED's, put them in a light in the TT and they work.
Trying different things got me nowhere so I took the light with the old bulb in it and hooked straight to the TT battery and it worked, LED would not.
Bottom line is LED's work inside TT when running thru the TT wiring and do not work when hooked straight to the same battery.
Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

John_Burke
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I will try that next time I go out there. In a couple of weeks.

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
bdpreece wrote:
LED's are polarity conscience. Did you try reversing the wires on the LED's?

X2, my brother had the same problem. Finally convinced him to swap the wires and worked fine. JMO
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
LED's are polarity conscience. Did you try reversing the wires on the LED's?
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad